data logging

cobra fern

Established Member
can someone explain to me how to data log using the x3 power flash and the and the livelink 6.0.i am trying to data log my car and someone at sct told me to plug the sct to the obd2 port and the other cable to the usb port on my lap top ,so i did that and then he told me to do this click on commands on the livelink and then go to identify sct device which i did and then click on the graph picture on the top left to load the pid and all i get is the handheld device initialization failed and to check the usb connection and obdii connections .what im i doing wrong .thanks for any help.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
i am using windows 7 on my lap top .thaanks for the reply

I have not checked in a long time but I do not think Windows 7 is compatible with the SCT X3 programs. Last I checked my kids laptop was running Windows 7 and I figured out the programming is only good for Windows XP. Might want to check that out by calling SCT to double check.

cobra fern

Established Member
thanks for the replies guys,but i called sct and they figured it out for me.i sent my file to rick at amazon and i am waiting for a reply now.hey spectorv do you think the livelink 4.41 is better than the livelink 6.1 because that is what i used.

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
6.1 Works fine for me under Windows 7 Pro on an old Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.

It can be a little finicky at first, things need to be hooked up in a certain sequence and then it works everytime.
!! Make sure xcal drivers are loaded on PC first !!
1) Plug xcal into OBDII port (let it power up)
2) Plug USB cable into xcal
3) Plug USB cable into laptop
4) Fireup the LiveLink 6.1 software
5) Select Commands / Identify SCT Device from the menus
6) Turn the key to the ON position (Key on engine off)
7) CLick on the charts icon (upper left)
8) Machine should load the PIDs at that point
9) Select the items to chart
10) CLick OK
11) Wait for the PID Load to take place
12) Fire up the engine
13) Click the green log start button
log log log
14) Click the red stop log button
15) SAVE DATA LOG

enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread