FS: 03 redfire cobra coupe F1A procharger, built motor, cams, cage, etc. 28K miles

convert03cobra

Established Member
SALE PENDING

I’ve come to the decision that it financially makes more sense to sell my cobra and use the money for other things. In no way, shape, or form am I pressed to sell the cobra. I’ve just dumped a ton of money into it making this monster and I’ve depleted my funds significantly. This car has become like crack to me and I’m always buying something for it and I can’t keep doing it.

History on the car: I am the second owner. I bought the car from a guy in Texas who bought the car off the showroom floor. The car currently has just over 28K miles. The guy I bought it off of starting the transformation process but due to a lack of finding a good shop, they ran into some problems and couldn’t finish the car correctly. Thanks to BAP and Excessive Motorsports, that was not the case for me. They both worked many hours on the car and it runs great and makes awesome power. Now on to the good stuff:

The car was stock until close to 20K miles. So 8K miles max on all parts.
2003 Mustang Cobra Coupe
Mileage: 28,xxx

Engine:
Built short block with fully ported and polished heads. (5K miles on new motor)
Stage 3 comp cams
Procharger F1A (16lbs of boost)
Tial wastegate
Metco Alt pulley
Custom made power inlet pipe with filter
NGK TR6 plugs
EGR delete
Accufab TB and polished elbow
UPR radiator SS cover
Painted Valve covers
Optima battery

Fuel:
RC 75lb injectors
dual FPDMs with wiring upgrades
dual GT pumps
fore hat
2 KB BAPs
KB boosta spark
Fore fuel rails
Mafia

Interrior:
Bolt in 6pt roll cage with padding
Corbeau CR1 microsuade seats
Corbeau seat belts
Autometer Lunar series gauges (air/fuel, boost, nitrous)
Pro 5.0 short shifter with MGW cobra knob
Steeda dress up interior kit

Trans:
Rebuilt tranny from T65rebuilds.com in March, 2007. (4K miles on rebuilt tranny)
Spec 3+ clutch
26 spline upgrade
Fidanza flywheel

Exhuast:
BBK long tube headers
BBK Shorty X pipe
Borla cat back

Cooling:
LFP dual pass heat exchanger
Gen 2 Head cooling Mod

Wheels/tires/etc:
FR 500 18 inch rims
315 BFG drag radials
Hawk pads front/rear
Baer slotted/drilled rotors front/rear

Suspension:
MM steel steering shaft
BF IRS brace
Steeda sub frames

Misc:
SCT Xcal2 programmer
SS radiator cover
Cobra front black bra

There are some paint chips in the car but nothing horrible. The car has never been in an accident. I would rate the paint a 9 out of 10. The interior is very clean too. The glove box was taken out when the cage was installed and the carpet was cut where the bottom meets the floor. There is also a small crease in the passenger's side bumper that you can see in the picture below. Nothing bad, just wanted to mention it. Interior is a 9 out of 10 as well. VIN is 1FAFP48Y93F313322.

I will be adding to the list if I come across stuff I missed. I have MOST of the receipts for everything. I started totaling up the receipts and it made me sick so I stopped. Thousands and thousands are tired up in the car. The only thing really left on the car I could see doing is suspension. I’m not a drag racer and the stock suspension is fine for street use. No q/m times but I would have to say defiantly a low 10 second car easy.

The car made 712HP and 574lbs torque on 93 octane at only 16lbs of boost. With race gas and more boost, I don’t foresee 800HP hard to reach. The car is conservatively tuned right now from Chris @ excessive motorsports. A/F was pretty much 12 across the board. It is also using a 6 rib setup and there is no belt slip so I decided not to go to an 8 rib set up. I also sold off all the stock parts so I don't have anything left. Also, the car has never seen nos. The previous owner just needed another gauge to fill up the pod.

The car passed Maryland inspection and emissions with no problems at all. I do have the title in hand for a fast sale. I DO NOT need to sell the car. Car has been garage kept by both myself and the previous owner. The car has only seen rain a handful of times. I’m pretty set on the price and if I don’t get my asking price or very close to it, I will keep the car. So please don’t waste my time and yours with low ball offers. And I’m not looking for any trades.

Asking $28,500 OBO

Dynosheet-1.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010082.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010092.jpg

Picture of small crease in the bumber.
P1010087.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Rob, we need to get together and make some videos to put in our for sale threads. Might generate more interest to hear these monsters run.

convert03cobra

Established Member
Rob, we need to get together and make some videos to put in our for sale threads. Might generate more interest to hear these monsters run.

I agree Dale. Maybe I can make one this weekend and post it. Pictures do our cars no justice at all!

convert03cobra

Established Member
awesome numbers for 16lbs.

I was going to go with an 8 rib setup but there is no belt slip at 16lbs and it still made over 700HP so I decided to just stay with the 6 rip. Who knows what an 8 rib along with more boost would be in terms of HP. I hate to see the car go but I have my priorities.

convert03cobra

Established Member
:eek::eek:that looks like a money pit... nice beast...

Believe me brother it was! Trying to get this thing to where it is now cost me a fortune. She runs like a dream now. I'm going to loose my ass on this car when I sell it but that's the name of the game. Whoever buys this is going to be really happy and will save a bundle if they tried to do this setup themselves on a stock car.

Users who are viewing this thread