Feeler: 04 Black Coupe, KB 2.8H, Lentech, SRA

SVT GI

Established Member
EDIT 17 SEP 11: BOTH CARS ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE. WIFE GOT ANOTHER JOB SO THE TOYS CAN STAY FOR A WHILE. WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE SERIOUS BUYERS THAT HAD INTEREST IN OUR CARS. THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT WERE READY TO BUY FOR BEING PATIENT UNTIL WE COULD CONFIRM THE JOB SITUATION. THANKS SVTP!

We bought this car from a member here and everything was as advertised and the car has had absolutely no issues and was DD’d quite a bit but now pretty much sits in the garage. The car has all accessories and is literally a grocery getter. Run low 10’s all day and cruise home with the A/C on. For the mods the car is very streetable and friendly enough for my wife to drive for 2 years. The car has some “pink” accents done to it. Why? Well…because she said so haha, it’s her car. If anyone is seriously interested, the car will be de-pinked, there is nothing done that is considered permanent. Car does have minor paint imperfections, few rock chips on front bumper and a scratch that one of the previous owners used touch up on. Nothing bad, just wanted to mention it. Currently has 27,840 miles with ~7K on engine.

History: We are the 3rd owners. The car was bought and sold on SVTP buy all the owners, crazydave is the original and C666 was the 2nd. Use the search function ;-)

Car made 645rwhp/547rwtq through the auto and unlocked converter, tuned by Greg at RET. Car is now Pro-Racer tuned and I have not had it on a dyno. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNK...645hp KB Cobra AKA PINKY[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLO

Engine:
-Machine work and assembly by Pettis Performance
-Ford racing 4.6l aluminum block from Ford Racing catalog, stock bore, JE coated pistons/rings, 9:1 compression ARP head studs, ARP main studs, ARP 2000 rod bolts, 04 rods and crank.
-Comp stage 2 cams
-Comp beehive valve springs
-MMR Stage 3 ported heads

Blower Setup/Intake:
-Polished 2.8H KB
-Prototype plenum made by Strictly Performance (1 of about 20 made in 2004). Also have factory KB polished plenum.
-BF Hub w/ 2.93, 3.100 and 3.65 pulleys
-Accufab SBTB
-JLT CAI
-SCT BA 2800 MAF

Fuel: Return style
-FORE dual Walbro hat
-Dual Walbro GSS342’s
- -8 feed/-6 return
-Aeromotive 40 micron filter
-Aeromotive regulator
-FORE Clear rails
-60lb injectors

Exhaust:
-Kooks 1 ¾ LTs w/ 3 ½” collector stepped to 3”
-Custom 3” straight pipe to Super 44’s, 3” out the back

Trans:
-Lentech Strip Terminator 4r70w, OD. This trans carries a lifetime warranty rebuild of $995 no questions asked from Lentech.
-Manual valve body
-Trans Brake
-Lentech converter, 2800 stall, non-lockup
-B&M hammer shifter
-B&M trans cooler with fan and thermostat

Suspension:
Front:
-Lakewood 90/10's
-Stock K, Arms, Springs

Rear:
-FRPP 8.8 SRA with moser axles, 3:73’s
-Welded axle tubes
-Team Z double adjustable uppers w/relocation brackets
-Team Z single adjustable lowers
-Team Z anti roll bar
-Strange 10 way adjustable shocks
-MM FLSFCs

MISC:
-MM 6pt powder coated black roll bar w/swing-outs
-Driveshaft safety loop
-Auto meter boost gauge
-Innovate LC-1 Wideband
-Metco 2lb lower
-BF Black idlers
-Whipple Slide Tensioner
-Reische 170 T-stat
-LFP dual pass H/E
-Polished P-Fab I/C reservoir
-SCT Xcal 3

I can’t take pics to save my life and on top of it, a crappy camera. $24K

111155.jpg

111163.jpg

111161.jpg

detail037.jpg

detail013.jpg

detail016.jpg

detail011.jpg

detail008.jpg

detail007.jpg

MISC003.jpg

MISC005.jpg

temp039-1.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

100_2904.jpg

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
So is it the pink accents that people don't like? I can have it all gone in less than a weekend.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
^lol! hey man only REAL men are into pink. but in all seriousness, thats cool how you did that car up like that for your wife :beer:. GLWS!

STALLKING

Established Member
Yeah honestly that pink is tight. I mean im looking to buy a cobra for myself but this almost makes me want to buy this one for my fiance instead of me. Its tastefully, its not over the top or anything.

Sn8keyes

Established Member
What is different about the tune it had and the one it has now? If you had to guess what are the HP and TQ gains? Were the previous numbers before the new engine and head/cam work? Also are these pump gas numbers? Thanks for ans. my ?'s....

SVT GI

Established Member
In case anybody wanted to know, the main hoop cross bar on the 6pt comes out for easy access to the back seats.

^lol! hey man only REAL men are into pink. but in all seriousness, thats cool how you did that car up like that for your wife :beer:. GLWS!
Thanks man, this is the second car I've done up for her like this. It gives me a leg to stand on when I'm modding mine :D

Yeah honestly that pink is tight. I mean im looking to buy a cobra for myself but this almost makes me want to buy this one for my fiance instead of me. Its tastefully, its not over the top or anything.

Thanks! The last one I built for her had way too much pink on it. The only rule I had on this one was I didn't care as long as she did not touch the interior.

What is different about the tune it had and the one it has now? Not much, ramped in the timing a little earlier, cleaned up the MAF curve a little, made some drivability improvements.

If you had to guess what are the HP and TQ gains? Well boost didn't change and I only added 1* global. It picked up an instant 2 tenths and has more in it.

Were the previous numbers before the new engine and head/cam work? No, after.

Also are these pump gas numbers? 110

Thanks for ans. my ?'s....No problem

For those not familiar how auto's and unlocked converters react on a dyno, if this car had a manual it would be 700+ on the dyno. To put it in prespective, my yellow car did dyno 700+rwhp and her car will SPANK mine everytime from a dig or roll race. :bored:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Great looken car but personally id remove the pink if u can. If it was a chic buying it then pink would look hot. Not many chics buying Teminators these days tho.

I like the accents but in a different color. GLWS TTT

SSeatr

Established Member
for the amount of money i spent rebuilding my engine buying a turbo kit and suspension for my 99 cobra i could have just waited 6 months and bought something like this...i hate my life hahah goodluck with sale shouldnt take too long

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
svt gi knows his stuff.... this car is a beast! someone will get a great car!

good price.

here is the video with out having to click on the link.

youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
Great looken car but personally id remove the pink if u can. If it was a chic buying it then pink would look hot. Not many chics buying Teminators these days tho.

I like the accents but in a different color. GLWS TTT

I'm not going to remove the pink unless there was a deposit put on the car, it's the wife's car and she still drives it. I totally understand your point and I know there would be a lot more interest in it if it were set up like a guy would have it. Just looking to see what the interest would be (if people look past the pink) before we really try and sell.

for the amount of money i spent rebuilding my engine buying a turbo kit and suspension for my 99 cobra i could have just waited 6 months and bought something like this...i hate my life hahah goodluck with sale shouldnt take too long

Thanks!

any chance you still have the 6spd?!!

I have a 6 speed in my yellow car that I thought about swapping out. I wasn't really trying to make the black car SLOWER by putting a 6 spd back in it :rolling:

svt gi knows his stuff.... this car is a beast! someone will get a great car!

good price.

Thanks Jeremy!

SVT GI

Established Member
Bumpity

FYI...Car ran a 10.38 @ 133mph two fridays ago. I built a new tune, 24lbs, M/T ET Streets, factory 17's up front, 3710lbs race weight, leaving on foot brake w/a slow 1.56 60'. Drove it 50 miles each way to the track. Plenty more left in it

SVT GI

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread