15 GT Whipple Issues!

Dirtythumper

Hello all,

New here! This is my first post, so if this has been posted, I'm really sorry!

I have a stage 2 Whipple, Deatschwerks 95lb injectors, VMP pump booster and IAT sensor, 3.625 SCP, NGK iridium plugs gapped to .26, MBRP full length non catted headers, Cervinis side exhaust, Steeda lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable sway bars, Michelin pilot super sport tires, Stock pp wheels, and others that aren't very important..

The issue I'm having, is I started with VMP to tune the car. Started great, but didn't end well. The tune that they gave was amazing while the motor was cold, but when it warmed, it would stall, have strange idle surging issues and lose all the power. I contacted VMP, but they said all the datalogs looked good. So, I used starter fluid to see if there was a vacuum leak, nothing. Then I took it twice to two different shops to have a smoke test done, still nothing. So, I switched to Lund to try a new tune and datalogs, and it completely got rid of all the issues except the power... Lund have been great so far, but not the power I expected from the supercharger install!

I tested both tunes 1/8 mile times on open country roads. The Vmp tune while cold was a 6.9, when warm, it was an 8.3. Lund so far I've only been able to get an 8.2. Have had others try, but same times. These times don't seem correct for the work done to the car.. Maybe I'm expecting more..

Waiting to hear back from Lund about the issue. Just seeing if anyone has any other thoughts.

Not throwing codes. Live in Wisconsin. Have been very hot and humid the past few weeks. Understand that effects the charger. Have tested the bypass, and it holds vacuum!

Not trying to bash any company! Have had great experience with both and will use both more!

Any help or if I'm being unrealistic on the power would be great!

Thank you!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Only way to see how the car is really running is on a dyno doing several pulls. Any shops within driving distance? In person they're able to see things a data log just doesn't show. Went through similar issues with my shelby.

Dirtythumper

That's kind of what I was thinking, so I contacted KellyMoss racing in Madison to see when they could fit me in.

Thank you for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread