2011 Transmission Issues

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I remember last year tangling with a Z06 after just getting the car tuned. It was funny because I was having traction problems. Everytime we left a light I was peddling the car through 1st and he was hooking pretty decent to get a car to a car and a half. Everytime we both shift to second he was missing the shift and I would come by him laughing. He missed 2nd at least 4 times in a row. Then when we hit the highway he was sadly disappointed. Nothing like a good shifting 700+rwhp car lol. Throw in some DR and let the beatings begin

2011_Shelby500

Established Member
I took the car out a few more times this weekend, didn't jam it through the gears but anytime I did red line and shift I had no issues. I'm going to ride it out for a while until it gets really bad then maybe bring it into ford. Thanks for the discussion I hope the problem doesn't get worse

weebz69

Established Member
Yeah I have a 2011 Shelby 4th to 5th shift just never happens under hard acceleration. Last year with 1700 miles on it I brought it to Ford because my reverse started going out in it and also 4th to 5th didn't shift. They replaced 5th, reverse, both forks and syncros. Was good for about 1100 miles maybe 4 or 5 good shifts into 4th to 5th. Now today I was playing around with a vette and god damn it 5th gear disappeared on me again. I called Ford and asked if they had any of these issues in other mustangs and they said no and then I asked about other Shelbys and the lady said they didn't make Shelbys anymore lol what a dumb box. GOD Damn I love my Shelby but Fords gotta get this shit together or me who owned 98,03,04 cobras and 11 shelby **** it I'll trade it for the new Viper and own a ****n dodge. :fm:

orangesvtbb

Established Member
It is funny because I can't get it to grind when I try, but it does happen. Only thing I have noticed is it happens when the tranny is cold. I also have this like double notch kind of click when I put it in second all of the time. It is weird to describe and I am sure it is in a thread somewhere.

Force-Fed

Bulletin Number: TSB-09-19-11

TSB Lookup : FORD : 2007 : MUSTANGTSB data for: 2007 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]FORD [COLOR=blue !important]MUSTANG[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]Bulletin Number: TSB-09-19-11Sequence Number: 10032615Date: 20100401Component Name: 101000 POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLYMake: FORDModel: MUSTANGYear: 2007Summary:FORD: SOME VEHICLES (SHELBY GT 500) MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CLUTCH/TRANSMISSION SYMPTOMS: HARD TO DISENGAGE OR ENGAGE 1ST AND REVERSE, HARD TO SHIFT ANY [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]GEAR[/COLOR][/COLOR], VEHICLE CREEPS WITH TRANSMISSION IN GEAR AND CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED WITH

2007 FORD MUSTANG TSB's (technical service bulletins)

Force-Fed

TSB Lookup : FORD : 2007 : MUSTANG
=============================
TSB data for: 2007 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: TSB-09-19-11
Sequence Number: 10032615
Date: 20100401
Component Name: 101000 POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2007
Summary:
FORD: SOME VEHICLES (SHELBY GT 500) MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CLUTCH/TRANSMISSION SYMPTOMS: HARD TO DISENGAGE OR ENGAGE 1ST AND REVERSE, HARD TO SHIFT ANY GEAR, VEHICLE CREEPS WITH TRANSMISSION IN GEAR AND CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED WITH
=============================
Source: 2007 FORD MUSTANG TSB's (technical service bulletins)

Users who are viewing this thread