2013 Range Rover Sport

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I had a client that scheduled a paint correction, sealant, interior, and wanted to have the wheels pasti-dipped on their 2013 Range Rover Sport.

2013 Range Rover Sport. Orkney Grey. 43xxx miles.
This SUV had some crazy defects on the hood. Some strange hazing and other defects. The rest of the SUV had heavy surface contaminants and some minor swirling, scuffs and some scratches.

Process:
2BW with Sonax shampoo, clayed via Griots medium pad, the hood received 3 steps of polishing-M105/M205/D151 in order to clear it up with MF pads, heavy foam, and finishing foam pads. The rest of the vehicle received a one step/AIO with D151 and a Megs burgundy medium-heavy foam pad. Rupes 21 MkII was my polisher of choice. Mics MF towels were used. Griots PFM drying towel was used to dry it as it continues to amaze me.
Wheels/tires were cleaned with Adam's tire and rubber cleaner and Adam's wheel cleaner. Glass was cleaned with Adam's glass cleaner. 1Z APC was used were necessary. Interior was cleaned with McKee's Fast Interior Detailer. Vacuumed via Metro. Tire dressing was SCG Pro. LSP on top of D151 was Megs 365. Wheels were plasti-dipped with flat black dip. Engine was cleaned with 1Z APC and then dressed with Blackfire tire/trim.

Hope I'm not missing anything, if so, please ask!

Onto the pics!!!

DSCN7954_zps8gbrv7mp.jpg

DSCN7955_zpslfvppqrz.jpg

DSCN7956_zpsmdjhogsk.jpg

DSCN7967_zpspq6fopdh.jpg

DSCN7969_zpssxy6rrft.jpg

DSCN7970_zpsjfjpxvo6.jpg

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Looks great! I see you used the Meguiars D151 as your go-to AIO in this case. I'm new to detailing with a DA and once it warms up I'll be using my Harbor Freight DA (I know, beginner lol) and an AIO to try my first foray into polishing. I've seen that 3D HD Speed is a popular option. Is there anything you recommend for a newbie? The car only has very light swirls no major defects in the paint. Not sure which foam pads to try the product with either... Sorry for hijacking you seem to be a wealth of knowledge around these parts!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks busta!

HD Speed is another great product and I use it as well. I just happen to have an excess of 151!

I would use a light polishing pad with whatever AIO you choose due to you saying that the finish is in pretty good shape with only light swirls. You should be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread