2016 Mustang GT Line Lock/Traction Control

Kenneth Risher

Established Member
2016 Mustang GT (6R80 Auto)

I have Weld RTS 17x10 wheels in rear and 17x4.5" in the front. I get (of course) TPMS sensor errors...but this causes me not to use the line lock.

Any work-around....or do I need to get TPMS sensors for my drag wheels?

Shaun@AED

My line lock works just fine with the TPMS warning lights ON.
I have a 2016 Auto as well.

Kenneth Risher

Established Member
Well....I'll give it another try. I tried it & it said something like (line-lock unavailable...see owner's manual)

The smallest thing can trigger that...like the steering wheel not being perfectly straight....thanks Shaun...I'll give it another shot.

Do you have drag wheels with no TPMS front & rear?

Also....I'd like to try to launch (a time or two) with the traction control on...
BUT...with the advance track off....is that a possibility?

One more...if you go to track mode (which can be used to avoid traction control...or advance track...or both?) will the ECU still utilize your tune & shift points etc. or does the track mode override your tune parameters & shift points?

I sure wish someone would find out how to tap into the factory line lock with a simple pushbutton switch so you can do a burnout without making your opponent wait...that process is not quick even when it works perfectly.

By all means...share your starting line/launch procedure/recommendations. I'm totally new to automatics...first one ever.

Users who are viewing this thread