2017 5.0 Shifting Into 5th Gear Early

Chigurr

Established Member
Hey,

I have a 2017 5.0 with a VMP stage 2 tuned by a very reputable tuner. I don't want to say names.

My issue is my car shifting from 4th to 5th gear early. At about 5800 RPM's and 125mph. I have 3.15 gears. Doesn't matter if I leave it in auto or go in the manual sport mode, it'll shift itself into 5th gear right at 5800 RPM. Which we all know is early, especially considering I usually shift at 7800 RPM. My tuner is on the 3rd revision attempt to fix this but it's still doing it. Are there any known issues with this? Any solution? I thought it'd be an easy fix like a shift point needing to be changed or rev limiter or something but I guess not. Worried me that such a reputable tuner can't find this out.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DarkMach1

Established Member
Never heard of such issue. Worst case he might need to give you a partial or full refund for you to go elsewhere.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I do remember Alex from VMP saying that the automatics were a little more trickier when tuning.
Hopefully your tuner can get it all sorted out quickly. Good luck and keep us posted!

Chigurr

Established Member
I haven't heard from my tuner for 2 weeks now. He tried 3 times to fix the issue and on my most recent email back I just informed him it didn't work and asked if he needed another data log or would just attempt on another revision and I haven't heard back for 2 weeks now. I don't know what to do at this point.

TBuick87

Established Member
Try Jon Lund Jr, he seems to Always get back Right away! This is the Problem with these cars, Way too many parts, and Way to Few tuners...

Chigurr

Established Member
Everything else is fine with the tune. Only problem is it shifting into fifth early. I got a new tune revision yesterday. I'll be uploading it tonight and giving it another shot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread