335/30R20s on custom widened Forgestar F14s

DutyCalls

Established Member
I had been running a 325/30R20 on my Forgestar F14s on the rear of my Shelby without any mods or rubbing for 4 years. It was time to buy new tires by the end of the fall last year, so I starting looking at tires online. I knew there were very few companies that offer anything over a 305 and I didnt want to get a narrower tire so I started looking at wider. Michelin Pilot Super Sports had been getting great reviews from guys with big power, .... they don't make a 325/30R20, but they make a 335/30R20....and wider is always better...lol.

To run these tires, I would either have to get new rims or get mine widened. With our dollar so low and Me having expensive tastes in rims.....I decided widening my rims would be the best way to go. After some careful measuring, I decided to get my 20x11s widened to 11.75, which would be in spec to run the 335s ( 11.5-12.5).

I sent my rims to Weldcraft in Michigan to get widened and 6 weeks later I got them back.

IMAG0549_zpsxvc0huwe.jpg

The 335s are really wide......alot wider than the 325....but I read Michelins run wider than other tires
IMAG0522_zpsb7sdyvlj.jpg

here's a pic beside the 325...The 335 is .75 wider
IMAG0550_zpsusva0dhv.jpg

IMAG0553_zpsebbo0995.jpg

Mounted
IMAG0555_zpsxvnrao4k.jpg

Mounted width....sorry for bad pic...I was trying to hold the tape and snap a pic at the same time
IMAG0559_zpsx4aaqhul.jpg

Beside the front 255/35s
IMAG0561_zpsxvobkjbq.jpg

Mounted on the car.....fits like a glove. I really have to clean them
IMAG0556_zpsbh8ndmzd.jpg

To fit these, I removed the bump stop brackets and the shock dust boots. I have enough clearance that I can fit my fingers between the inner fender and the tire all the way around...I have small fingers though. The drivers side is also a bit more snug on my fingers, I will have to adjust my panhard bar a little bit.

It is still not nice enough to get the car out of storage yet so I cant road test them right now...but we finally got some nice weather this week and the snow is melting fast....I will try to get some pics from behind the car soon.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Michelin Pilot Super Sports had been getting great reviews from guys with big power, .... they don't make a 325/30R20, but they make a 335/30R20....and wider is always better...lol.
Actually Michelin is making a 325/30-20 in its Sport Cup 2. Got any better pics of rear fitment? What was the offset on the wheels before you widened?

DutyCalls

Established Member
Actually Michelin is making a 325/30-20 in its Sport Cup 2. Got any better pics of rear fitment? What was the offset on the wheels before you widened?

Yes, I saw those, but I didn't want road race tires.

I couldn't get any good pics from the rear while the car was in the garage....I'll try to get it outside today.

I can't remember what offset the wheels had.

hotford

Established Member
nice............i was looking at doing the same with mt PP wheels , at least i know what it will look like...lol

enormous

Established Member
Looks good Duty! Well done Sir!Weldcraft widened my Custom Boze rims and the rims of a couple friends rims also and we are all very happy with their quality welding and widening ability.You will likely prefer the grippier Michelin over the Dunlop 325's that you just replaced. I might add that the 325 30 20 Michelin Sport Cup 2 is a fine street tire and I will be more than happy to replace my 325 M Sport Cup 2's when the time comes with another set of M Sport Cup 2's

DutyCalls

Established Member
Snapped a few pics today....its hard to take pics that look as good as it does in person

IMAG0570_zpsug0zmnkx.jpg

IMAG0574_zpsvcdfpeih.jpg

I'll snap some more when the car is cleaned up. I'll also get some when its up on the hoist next

Last edited:

kw_rc

Established Member
Snapped a few pics today....its hard to take pics that look as good as it does in person

IMAG0570_zpsug0zmnkx.jpg

IMAG0574_zpsvcdfpeih.jpg

I'll snap some more when the car is cleaned up. I'll also get some when its up on the hoist next

Man those looky meaty! Very nice!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice!
That should help with the launches. Big meats.

pureshot52

Established Member
Duty Calls. I noticed your "widened" experience sometime back. If you could share your starting 20X11 O/S was? That would give me another O/S to consider. I agree 20X11.75 would be the safest width to start with. Like your final result. That is what I am looking for.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The two offsets I've seen discussed on the F14 are +54mm and +56mm. Seems +54mm is the more popular offering.

pureshot52

Established Member
If you assume the starting F14 Wheel was 20X11 +56mmO/S then widening to 20x11.75 would put you at +65.526mm O/S.

Compared to the Shelby Alocas starting at 20X9 +24mmO/S then widened to 20X12 which become +62.1mmO/S

Your 20x11.75 +65.526mm has .2mm more inside clearance and 6.2mm less stick out than a 20X12 +62.1mmO/S. So you should have had less issues than some of the Shelby projects.

I will not have the option of 20X11.75. I have to go 20X12 or 20X11.5 and I can select the offset. Seems most Aloca's widened to 20X12 have had no real issues with the rears rubbing with that spec? I have seen some with issues with 20X11.5's as the sidewall bulge becomes as issue.

Any updates on rubbing after the mods would be helpful. I have decided the BC Forge RZ39 is the most likely final option. It's a true forge monoblock. They can make most anything I select in terms of offset. I am still focused on the 20X12 +62.1mm O/S.

Users who are viewing this thread