5.4 trinity swap help

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
My stock elbow/throttle body mount has the evap sensor on it. The trinity I'm installing has a nipple installed. Is this something that some people tune out or do I just hook it up and make it work? Thanks.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you're mounting a trinity TVS, it should have provision for the EVAP valve. Now there are adapters that can be used to convert it to the barb. Are you sure that's not what you have? Posting a pic might help.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Yeah, it has the barb but my tune has all the evap in it. I guess I can have it turned out.

sleek98

Established Member
Sounds like you bought it off someone that had it on their 2007-2010.

You need to either pull the barb out or find another elbow.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't believe this is something you can tune out. You can connect the vacuum end to the barb with a vacuum hose, but you'd be better off finding an elbow.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
I used a vacuum hose for now. Looking for another elbow. What sucks is this one is ported and powder coated.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like he's got one of those installed already and he has a 2011 that uses the same EVAP valve as the '13-'14. OP have you tried to remove the fitting? According to BPS you either use a sealant or thread locker. If your elbow resembles this, I'd attempt to remove the fitting. Try a little heat if it appears to be stubborn. I was under the impression that the elbows on the aftermarket TVS' don't interchange with the Trinity TVS elbow.

largedetails-acc-1014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread