Another 5.0 or GT500 Thread

nickf2005

Established Member
Since this was an older thread, these responses may fall on deaf ears, but oh well.

If you want a Shelby because it's a Shelby, get one. You wont be happy otherwise.

If you want the Shelby strictly because of the performance, I'd stick with what you have and build it.

This is probably the best cliff notes version of this debate I've ever seen.

Nah...just a GT, har.....
I just think you feel better about achieving something when you earn it.

This type of statement has a way of getting me fired up... Guys who buy lower cost cars and mod them to make them awesome performers always come in and say it. I built it fast, I earned my fast car.

Well, some of us who achieved a "fast" car by buying it off the showroom floor earned it too, just in a different way. Usually by our professional lives/careers. Not everyone has the time and resources to buy a $25k car and build it to an 11 second dragster, as the example previously. I certainly didn't find $50,000 laying on the ground one day and headed straight to Ford. It took 10 years of education, internships, and landing a full-time gig from my wife and I to "earn" my car.

nickf2005

Established Member
And some of us can afford the either car but prefer the 5.0...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have no issue with that. I don't care because it's not my car. :)

But to imply somebody didn't earn their car because they didn't build it is being narrow minded.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
the GT500 is just too dam heavy imo..... I went for a ride in my buddy's 12 GT500 with quite a few mods and its fast and badass no doubt but you can just feel how heavy it is compared to my GT.

its almost 450 lbs!!!!!! heavier! anyone who thinks ur not gonna notice that is just fooling themselves....... you think if I drove around with two of my buddy's in my car it isn't gonna make it considerably slower? Even he said the same thing after driving my 13 GT.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have no issue with that. I don't care because it's not my car. :)

But to imply somebody didn't earn their car because they didn't build it is being narrow minded.
Someone may have said or implied that, but that person isn't me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread