Another FTBR install

MG0h3

Established Member
Id like to start about by thanking Bruce. I had a couple questions during the bushing R/R and he replied right away.

Daily driving: I almost feel like this was the "most enjoyable" improvement. ALL of the slop and clunks are gone. A 1-2 shift is easy to make perfectly smooth at any RPM. Somehow, actually shifting the transmission is easier. I don't know if the diff moving around as torque was removed before a shift caused some backlash up the driveline that somehow influenced the shifting, but without a doubt I have improvement there as well. Even low speed or idling through parking lots has improved...no more bucking.

Straight line/launch: Rear end is definitely more planted. I did the clutch packs at the same time so Im sure there is a little improvement from that, but you can clearly tell that the rear suspension is no longer moving under the car. I actually let out a "holy shit" the first time I stabbed it in first gear on some nice asphalt. I suspect that the rear suspension moving around caused a traction loss because the acceleration in 1st has never been so good. Car definitely feels like a different animal. I do still have some wheel hop; on sportlines and NT05s. Wheel hop only occurs when I try and spin a little from a dead stop, but still goes away fairly quickly.

Cornering: Ive never had a car that would corner well at all and even though I felt like the Cobra did when I got it, there is no comparison to what it is now. Coasting around corners feels quite a bit better. Car just feels more solid. I really notice the difference when I start rolling into the throttle around corners. It almost feels weird to me...like I have rear steering or something. I swear the car starts to turn in more as I get into the throttle. Puts a smile on your face.

Overall I couldn't be happier about the outcome.

Oh ya, and as expected, no increase in NVH. The car handles bumps and rough roads better because the springs and shocks are actually doing the work now. I can barely hear a little gear whine as I pass through @45mph at very light throttle, but I'm really listening for it.

Even got the jeep out on the road while the car was down. Its got a @500hp 408W in there:) Makes running to autozone fun.

DSC00894_zps1095a0e7.jpg

DSC00897_zps0dc255d1.jpg

033_zps16cfcbec.jpg

Last edited:

tomsgarage

Established Member
Did my install about a year and a half ago and I still can't get over how much better the car handles every time I drive it! FTBR is an awesome company to work with! Cheers Bruce!!!!

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm so glad the previous of my car put in the full kit, never drove one without it, to be able to tell the differences, but it seems night and day.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thats a score!! Its a decent bit of work since its not a simple r/r of bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread