Any new aftermarket parts

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Have you thought about putting a Cobrajet intake on it? Look into a custom set of cams if you want to stay N/A.. Also do they make gears for the 350 yet? I bet some gears will wake that thing up too

Elnrownr

4.slow
Established Member
looks like someone put an F1A in this motor and made over 900 hp

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fourcam380

Established Member
600w N/A is not possible with 5.2L N/A unless you're spinning past/to 9000-9500rpm and making power while doing so. Ultra short runner intake and large cams which kill area under the curve needed. Drivability would be shit under ~6000rpm, idle would be 1500rpm+, and you would need 14:1+ static C/R so plan on at least 104 octane R+M/2 race gas.

Also problematic would be getting any manual trans to shift at those rpms.

Revs are free, but the wear they cause sure isn't unfortunately.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Has anyone heard of anything new coming to market. Like manifolds heads cams throttle bodies ect. I'm getting bored with 530 hp.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
You can make big power n/a but it is going to take a full boogie engine build. We have customers already making 600+ rwhp with 11-14 style engines. The 15+ stuff has even more potential.
As far as a power adder goes for long term reliability we do not suggest running a o.e. engine as these are purpose built n/a engines with fairly lightweight rods/pistons and super thin top rings.
Wet sump with the correct recipe will see 78-8500 camshaft,induction,header dependent. dry sump we can run even more rpm!
The power adder is by far the best bang for the dollar but the downside is how long will it last and you are more than likely going to end up building an engine anyhow.

Fourcam380

Established Member
You can make big power n/a but it is going to take a full boogie engine build. We have customers already making 600+ rwhp with 11-14 style engines. The 15+ stuff has even more potential.
As far as a power adder goes for long term reliability we do not suggest running a o.e. engine as these are purpose built n/a engines with fairly lightweight rods/pistons and super thin top rings.
Wet sump with the correct recipe will see 78-8500 camshaft,induction,header dependent. dry sump we can run even more rpm!
The power adder is by far the best bang for the dollar but the downside is how long will it last and you are more than likely going to end up building an engine anyhow.

600rw NA from 5.0 must be Al rod, etc. what's the most you've made with steel rods?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
600rw NA from 5.0 must be Al rod, etc. what's the most you've made with steel rods?
steel rod, we rate the H-beams w/2000's we use to 1K flywheel.
We have made low 700's flywheel so far with not over the top custom builds.
We are confident with the correct build 800+flywheel N/A is possible.
We have not run across a client that has decided to attempt a build on a max effort N/A build as of yet.

Fourcam380

Established Member
steel rod, we rate the H-beams w/2000's we use to 1K flywheel.
We have made low 700's flywheel so far with not over the top custom builds.
We are confident with the correct build 800+flywheel N/A is possible.
We have not run across a client that has decided to attempt a build on a max effort N/A build as of yet.

700+ from a steel rod Na 5.0l is pretty sporty. Serious static CR. What are these examples revving to and what trans are you throwing behind them? Would love to see a 600whp+ dyno if you have any on hand. Just curious to see the curves more than anything. Thx!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
700+ from a steel rod Na 5.0l is pretty sporty. Serious static CR. What are these examples revving to and what trans are you throwing behind them? Would love to see a 600whp+ dyno if you have any on hand. Just curious to see the curves more than anything. Thx!

"Wet sump with the correct recipe will see 78-8500 (you can go further at your own risk) camshaft,induction,header dependent. dry sump we can run even more rpm! "
transmission is up to the end user. Really should have a purpose built unit done to handle the rpm.
I do not have a dyno from a in house build but here is a vid from a clients build.

I found this on their link too from earlier incarnations pre-extended rpm

CO Mack

Established Member
"Wet sump with the correct recipe will see 78-8500 (you can go further at your own risk) camshaft,induction,header dependent. dry sump we can run even more rpm! "
transmission is up to the end user. Really should have a purpose built unit done to handle the rpm.
I do not have a dyno from a in house build but here is a vid from a clients build.

Wow, awesome car. Should run nice and cool on track with X85 too.

I still think we're going to see N/A, stock bottom end and headed 600HP GT350s.

Users who are viewing this thread