Anybody have a pet scorpion?

projectslideway

Established Member
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a pet scorpion. Just wondering who has them as it seems they are becoming more popular. I've been looking at emperor scorpions. Just looking for some feedback/advice/price of total setup.

vr4_007

Established Member
I have one bro,.. its a larger one.

African flat rock I believe is the name of the species,.. had it for about 8 years now.

I cant believe he is still alive to be honest. I feed him a few times a month, never been an aggressive eater, I have never seen him use his tail on his prey either.

All in all Im prolly in him like 40-50 bux,..

Let me know if u want pics.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Duh for pics.

I was thinking about getting one, but ended up that I inadvertantly started growing my own pet people, so that got idea got squished (bad pun intended).

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Duh for pics.

I was thinking about getting one, but ended up that I inadvertantly started growing my own pet people, so that got idea got squished (bad pun intended).
roflmao.gif

Last edited:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
I guess you could keep it next to your tank of pet piranha? :shrug: :lol1:

I don't know of anyone who has had one as a cricket disposer. This should be interesting. How do you set up their tanks? Rocks and sand? Tight closing lid....:eek:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I had a Emperor Scorpion that I bought at Pet Depot about 4 years ago. He only lived a year. I had rocks, a tunnel log, and a heat lamp for him. I hardly ever saw him in the day cause he stayed in the tunnel log but at night it was Texas Chainsaw Massacre for those damn crickets....I promise you they didn't chirp at night. Morning time brought nothing but leftover legs and sometimes a head. Other than that not much entertainment. Plus I have three small boys now and an Emperor Scorpion's sting is about 3 times worse than a red wasp and can make some people vomit. I doubt I'll ever get another one.

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
It's pretty funny, we have wood scorpions down here but they're tiny, about the size of a dime or less. My wife and I with some friends went to Tennessee for a vacation and got freaked out by one almost 6" in the house we were staying at. Needless to say the wife checked the sheets before bed and once or twice throughout the night, I on the other hand, slept as if I was drinking all day....because I was.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I had a Emperor Scorpion that I bought at Pet Depot about 4 years ago. He only lived a year. I had rocks, a tunnel log, and a heat lamp for him. I hardly ever saw him in the day cause he stayed in the tunnel log but at night it was Texas Chainsaw Massacre for those damn crickets....I promise you they didn't chirp at night. Morning time brought nothing but leftover legs and sometimes a head. Other than that not much entertainment. Plus I have three small boys now and an Emperor Scorpion's sting is about 3 times worse than a red wasp and can make some people vomit. I doubt I'll ever get another one.

are they only supposed to live for a year? and wouldnt an emporer be hard to come by as a pet? and did yours get to be bull grown? cuz them bastards are NOT small! lol

Users who are viewing this thread