Anyone see Street Outlaws vs Fast N Loud ?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
The "mega race" between these 2 shows was settled on last night's episode

I'll keep the spoilers out of it but I will say if you didn't already think one of the main stars was a dick before... hi ou will now

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Watched it and I was a little disappointed in how it was put together. The whole unrealistic drama deal that is killing the ratings for many automotive shows these days was on big display.

Hats off to both teams though, The Crow is still fast with it's little engine and Gas Monkey built a reputable drag car for being their first go at it.

paluka21

Established Member
Entertaining definitely. Enjoyed watching the builds and the "autocross" portion.

Black2010

Established Member
Watched it and was disappointed with how they built the drama into things that didn't need to be there. They kept arguing over the rules but at the amount of money dumped into those cars I'd be REALLY surprised if all those "rules" wouldn't have been clearly documented and even reviewed by teams of attorneys.

Almost makes you wonder if Aaron knew about what was going to happen and quit to not be associated with it. Unless that was all staged as well, which I guess it most likely was.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Watched it and was disappointed with how they built the drama into things that didn't need to be there. They kept arguing over the rules but at the amount of money dumped into those cars I'd be REALLY surprised if all those "rules" wouldn't have been clearly documented and even reviewed by teams of attorneys.

Almost makes you wonder if Aaron knew about what was going to happen and quit to not be associated with it. Unless that was all staged as well, which I guess it most likely was.

Much of it if of course staged. The NHRA wouldn't have allowed Richard behind the wheel of that car, nor would they have Allowed Aaron. It's just made for TV drama.

The cars are real and that's what I personally care about. This is a Ford site so there's not a ton of understanding on the issue, but The Crow has done a lot for the Pontiac community. That's Marty Palbykin's old GTO that became the new crow. It's a true vin gto with a full chromoloy chassis that has been 238mph in the 1/4. The car had a lot of history behind it before it got to Chief's hands and in a community that rallies around a dead company, things like that are important.

4a7191a

Established Member
Watched it and the drama is over the top at times, but I totally enjoy the cars.
What Aaron did for the azn & farm truck team shows how stand-up of a guy he is. True sportsmanship. Hats off to him.
Then they returned the favor at the end too.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Richard spent a ton of time and cash building a car and brought in ringers to build, tune, and drive it. Once Aaron set sail Richard should have driven the car. Chief and his guys put the car together in 8 weeks and kicked Richard's ass. Good for the SO guys. I like both shows but this mess was a bad idea IMO. Like Chief or not, the guy can F'ing drive.

FiveOGirl

Established Member
I can't stand Richard, too flashy showing off all that money. Glad chief showed him it's not always about how much money you have.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Richard spent a ton of time and cash building a car and brought in ringers to build, tune, and drive it. Once Aaron set sail Richard should have driven the car. Chief and his guys put the car together in 8 weeks and kicked Richard's ass. Good for the SO guys. I like both shows but this mess was a bad idea IMO. Like Chief or not, the guy can F'ing drive.

Neither one of them really "built" a car in the strictest terms. Chief purchased Marty Palbykin's car around December 2016 during the PRI show. They made some modifications to get Justin comfortable in the car and to accommodate a flat hood with twin turbochargers, but the car as a whole was largely built. The chassis had been 238mph in the 1/4 with it's previous owner in a blower motor application.

Both of them basically purchased a chassis and built around it.

Farmtruck showed his skills too - barely lost to Aaron in a car that should not have been competitive.

You'd be surprised how well a car like that would do on an autocross with the grunt of a pontiac and some minor modifications to the factory suspension. F-Body's have a reverse camber curve that once corrected becomes quite good, even by today's standards. It's suspension design rewards large, sticky tires, so I wasn't entirely surprised considering they likely bested the LS6 in average torque and had superior brakes.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't watch that crap. Made for TV bs IMO. I actually don't watch much tv at all anymore except a few shows I actually enjoy.

4a7191a

Established Member
I can't stand Richard, too flashy showing off all that money. Glad chief showed him it's not always about how much money you have.

That's why I'm doing a dsm again.
Beat on a whole hell of alot of cars on the cheap.
Aluminum rod short block time :)

_Snake_

Established Member
Best part was Richard trying to comprehend how they lost the first race running a better et.

Cause your driver got treed, biotch!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
While I don't put much stake in Richard's intelligence on matters of racing, I find it hard to believe that a guy that sponsors a Pro Stock team that races heads up wouldn't know that. My guess is that's another made for TV moment.

Users who are viewing this thread