Anyone seen this???? EPAS wobble issue

Cman01

hello
Established Member
A friend told me about this video from Vorshlag, they have done a bunch of stuff to their Mustang which included changing frt lower control arms to a different type than OE (not sure what brand it is).

After that was done it seems the EPAS box has a problem with the newer arms (most likely they have different bushings than stock) and it freaks the crap out of the electronics of the steering box.

https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Projects/Vorshlag-2011-Mustang-GT-build/i-GMR4bkm/A

I'm considering changing my frt arms to BMR units also when I get my K member, but I certainly don't want issues like that popping up in my Shelby so I might have to stick with the OE arms.

Thoughts???

Tony

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, FRPP even came out with a revised EPAS, that is no longer available. However, it seems as though 2011s had the bigger problem than later models. That's not to say you won't have issues.

rwleonard

Established Member
I just had BMR lower a-arms with poly bushings installed in my '13 last week. No issues up to at least 140, or on my favorite twisties.

I just watched the video and went out and specifically tried to reproduce it as shown, at speeds up to 80, steady speeds, accelerating, decelerating, and could not do so. The arms were recommended by the foreman of the local Ford Service Center, who has a great rep among area Mustang owners and has been building Mustangs since '87. FWIW.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
So was there an issue past 140 or you didn't go above that speed?

To protect those involved..................that was km/h right???? ;)

rwleonard

Established Member
No issues at any speed. It's just that when I am doing that, I am not exactly glued to the speedo, so I saw it sweeping down thru 140.

Users who are viewing this thread