Bama/SCT 4 Bank EEC Code Question

Snagmaster

Established Member
I took the 4 bank off my hardtop and am putting it on a convertible of the same year and type.

It's a 1998 cobra and the car is the same except for gear ratio and exhaust, original car had a Steeda H Pipe and magnaflow cat back with 4:10's.

New car is dead stock, they both have K&N With silencer removed but stock engines otherwise.

I still have all the paperwork but here is my question: the old car had an "AOL2" EEC.

The new car has an "AOL3" EEC.

Can I install it on the new car and just leave it as that?, I wouldn't use the "Race" tune but the performance tune should be ok shouldn't it?.

The tunes are:

1: "R" for Race
2::"P" for Performance
3:"S" for I think is Street
4:"Stock EEC"

The prefixes are all 1998-CBA-91.

Any help would be appreciated, it was purchased through American Muscle,com and they are gone until tomorrow so I can't call till then, I have the car apart and am cleaning the circuit board but it would be nice if I could just put it back together and be done with it tonight.

I can send the chip back to be re-done if I can't use it as-is but what the heck?, you have to try as there are zero issues with the chip and both motors are the same, I didn't think the exhaust and gears should be any problem but then again, you all know more than I do.

I also would like to know if there would be any issues with the tac or speedo?

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Mark

onlya302

Rise to the Challenege
Established Member
It's been almost a year and you still haven't gotten the answer from them?

AOL3 is just an update of AOL2 so you should be fine, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work (I've done this numerous times in the past). Just make sure the contacts are clean, ignition is OFF when you plug in the chip etc...

Snagmaster

Established Member
I kept calling but the only answer I got was to send it back in to them, he wouldnt answer my question as to if it would work or not.

I just wanted to see if anyone here knew if it would work, it's so much easier just to put it on the car but I haven't done it yet, I may just wait and buy a few more parts to install so I can get a tune more in line with the new goodies as some of my thoughts on parts have changed.

At the time I was going to leave it as is for a year or two.

Thanks for the reply

decipha

Established Member
hey mark,

both tunes are the CRAJ0 / 98 cobra strategy, the AOL3 is the same as an AOL2 except henry took out a little spark at 3/4 throttle 4k+ rpm, adjusted the knock sensor control, and gave it more tip in spark retard to combat crappier fuel

the gear ratio won't make any difference since its not an auto trans and those ecu's don't control the speedo

both exhaust setups are H-pipes so thats fine, only time you may have issues is with an X pipe

yes, you can use the chip it'll be fine

Snagmaster

Established Member
hey mark,

both tunes are the CRAJ0 / 98 cobra strategy, the AOL3 is the same as an AOL2 except henry took out a little spark at 3/4 throttle 4k+ rpm, adjusted the knock sensor control, and gave it more tip in spark retard to combat crappier fuel

the gear ratio won't make any difference since its not an auto trans and those ecu's don't control the speedo

both exhaust setups are H-pipes so thats fine, only time you may have issues is with an X pipe

yes, you can use the chip it'll be fine

Thank you so much, I've been gone for awhil due to a family illness and am getting back into working on the car today.

Thought I'd try one last time to find an answer before sending the chip back but I will do that if any more mods on the engine take place.

I lowered the car and did lots of suspension work and now it's so low that one day I'll have to replace the mid pipe due to scrapage anyway.

I just wanted to see if the chip would increase my mileage or seat of the pants happiness a bit, besides its been sitting in the box for way too long.

Thanks again

Mark

decipha

Established Member
yea no prob

chip will work fine, if u rly want to get in to the nitty gritty go to efidynotuning.com and u can learn all about the intracacies of the ecu if u wish

Users who are viewing this thread