Bay Area...Where to Stay/What to Do

MFE

Established Member
The coolest bar I have EVER been to is the Redwood Room at the Clift Hotel. The hotel itself is pretty pricey but decently located.
Last time I was in the bay on personal time, we took a trolley to the top of the hill, then walked down through Chinatown, had lunch at a Dim Sum, walked over to Coit Tower, then down to the Pier (basic touristy shopping/eating/crap but located in SF) then took an uber back to the hotel. Saw a lot of classic SF sights. Headed to North Beach for a legit Italian dinner, then checked out the Golden Gate Park and the Presidio the next day, with the requisite trip down Lombard Street, before heading over the Golden Gate bridge to lunch in Sausilito before heading over to Oakland for the start of the drive home.

Other than a gentrified area downtown near Pandora's headquarters, Oakland is a sub-human-infested shithole to be avoided at all cost.

I don't know how much time you have but Monterey and Carmel aren't that far away and are very cool areas to spend a little time. So are Sonoma and Napa up the other way, especially if you're into wine.

Jefe

Established Member
Leaving next week. Time to finalize some food/drink spots!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Anywhere along the Embarcadero, Chinatown. Bay Bridge. Literally there are 3 reasons I would ever visit SF:

1: The most legit Chinese food in the US.
2: Some of the freshest seafood outside of Seattle.
3: Watching the Chicago Bears beat the shit out of the SF 49ers.

roadracer247

Established Member
Don’t forget to check out West Oakland in the upper avenues. Hunters point in San Francisco is always lovely. The Tenderloin has some great night life. Oh and of course Cutting Blvd in Richmond is a must see for everyone coming into town.

Stanger00

Established Member
If you plan to ride bart don't ride west bound between 3-7pm. No seats.

I work for them and ride the train daily, I hate it.

Walnut Creek has great food options and a lot of hot moms walking around during working hours, haha.

Enjoy the Bay. Don't get shot or beat up while visiting, haha. Oh and don't leave anything in your car. Not even in the trunk. ****ers will steal your shit. Even in Walnut Creek.

The Cooperage in Lafayette is good and reasonably priced.

Chow is good for a quickish bite if you're into salads, they're good that's what my wife tells me at least.

Twin Bores brewery in Orinda has good IPA rotations at their bar plus a few good restaurants.

Forgot to add in Walnut Creek kind of far from BART but an easy Uber/lyft ride is CaliCraft brewery. Good beer atmosphere and cheap IPAs.

If you eat anywhere in SF for a fancy meal. Make it a michelin star rated place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

08mojo

Established Member
The company I work for used to own a location in Oakland. When I arrived there for some work, the locals said told us to not go out at night. We were working after normal business hours and typically finished at 1:00 or 2:00 am....the locals just said, "shit, good luck."

limepro

Established Member
If you like garlic hit up The Stinking Rose. Not really a fan of the bay though, to much traffic and dirty. Half Moon Bay is nice and was where my ex had a vacation home, water is to cold to really enjoy unless you are a surfer.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you're going to be in SF on a saturday make sure you hit up the Farmers Market on the Embarcadero at the Ferry Building. Theres a vietnamese spring roll vendor inside (might have to ask around) that has this awesome peanut sauce at the very least ask if you can buy the peanut sauce. THEN, go outside to where the Ferry is docked and there may be a long line at the Roli Roti tent. Its rotisserie chicken and pork all dripping on potatoes and brussel sprouts.
I get the prochetta sandwich (pork) f'n delicious, and dip that in the peanut sauce. Damn. Going there just to eat that makes the trip worth it from Silicon Valley (about a 50min drive).

Didnt read the whole thread, but whats you're schedule looking like, I know some awesome places to eat at. A lot of them are in SF, some will cost $$$.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
The company I work for used to own a location in Oakland. When I arrived there for some work, the locals said told us to not go out at night. We were working after normal business hours and typically finished at 1:00 or 2:00 am....the locals just said, "shit, good luck."
Oakland is the biggest shit hole in all of America. Good idea to own a gun, but our state is banning basically everything we can buy. It's a goddamn joke.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Oakland is the biggest shit hole in all of America. Good idea to own a gun, but our state is banning basically everything we can buy. It's a goddamn joke.
I used to live in Alameda when I was in the Navy and we were all told to avoid Oakland and hang in SF instead.

Jefe

Established Member
I did hah. Really enjoyed Half Moon Bay, getting out on the water, wandering Muir Woods, Walnut Creek/Lafayette and all the batteries around the Golden Gate Bridge. Downtown San Fran was worse than we remember. We also really enjoyed the Palace of Fine Arts. Rode the Bart 4 times and had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread