Best place and cost to have rear end gears intalled chicago burbs area

grabsand

Established Member
Looking to have very soon 331 gears and new clutches and bearings installed in the rear end. need a reputable shop, fair labor prices and willing to install my own parts..

any ideas, suggestions would be great. I was going to start with most speed shops, but i find are booked solid with builds and such that I always find summer to get in highly unlikely. Id like them installed soon, so if not a speed shop thats ok.. A place that installs good stuff and fair and recommended would be fine.

Thanks

Jeff

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Try calling D Mark Performance in Arlington heights. Drew does great work and charges a fair price. He has done my OPG's, Circle D converter, and fuel system install.

Gruca

Established Member
Hans at Deans Performance does an amazing job with just about anything, especially gear installs. I had 3.73s put in one of my previous cars and it was perfect. No whine at all. However, if he tells you to show up at 10am, he won't be there then. He stays so late working that he ends up not coming back the next day until like noon...ask me how I know...

I sat waiting for 90 minutes for him to show up. Right when I was about to leave, he appeared. That part was annoying, but his flakiness is certainly overshadowed by his work quality. It's just up to you if you want to deal with it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread