Bought 4 wheels without sensors etc. how much this going to cost me?

weider1717

Established Member
Wheels were thought to include these equipment this is for a 2007 gt500. I am not that familiar with all these equipment I am seeing sensors, "bands", blue plastic clips etc.

What all is needed exactly and how much should 4 sets of OEM equipment run? thanks guys

weider1717

Established Member
Thanks, I'll check it out is this OEM equipment? I'll look. no worries. After some research looks like 2007 came with blue sensors and bands which isn't sold on american muscle I will look into eBay to stay original. Learned a little something. Thanks

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
Pretty much every tire store has these things... I'd check with them first just to see what price they offer.

I wound up paying less at Discount Tire and I don't have to worry about a sensor being bad from the manufacturer (which has happened to me)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
No point trying to stay OEM on something that nobody except your tire changer is going to see. And even then, they're going to hit you with a "rebuild" kit. (Basically fleecing you with unnecessary added costs.) I haven't looked in a while, but I believe you can get a set of 4 sensors from Tire Rack for around 80 bucks.

mikes35

Established Member
I priced Discount Tire before I bought from American Muscle. DT WAS $65 each. They say if you move a tire to another location- i.e.: rotate- you will need to reprogram the sensor. I thought it was best to get the sensors and the programming tool so I could program myself if needed.

96redcobra

Established Member
You do have to reprogram if you move them, so the tool is nice in that aspect. But the fact that a GT500 will have staggered rims and more than likely directional tires, I don't foresee you moving a wheel.

DropSVT

Established Member
Hit up your local tire shop they usually get em cheap and have the tool to program them. 225 seems high for 4 sensors. I think the most expensive sensors ive broke were only 65 a peice

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Imatk

Established Member
I think they charged me 40 bucks a piece last time I went but I'm not positive... I just remember it was less than it would have been had I ordered them.

I already have the trainer tool from Ford... you can get that for about 20 bucks, but I've never had to use it.

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
I have 2012 SVTPP wheels on my 2007 GT500. I didn't bother with the sensors so I just deal with the error each time I turn on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread