BPS ported elbow question(s)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as you have the octane (looks like a 100 octave tune) I think those 2 things would make a significant gain in power and even more in torque!
I’d go for it, I run 15% lower/2.5 upper on E85.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Not to hijack but what if any gains could I see from this elbow? Mods in sig.
Yes would definitely help you.
Maybe 10hp?
FWIW, my tuner estimated ~20HP from the elbow. (Unfortunately, I installed it in conjunction with an intake, throttle body, and upper pulley, so I don't have separate pulls with and without the elbow.) I was, however, happy with the overall result (733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ).

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
As long as you have the octane (looks like a 100 octave tune) I think those 2 things would make a significant gain in power and even more in torque!
I’d go for it, I run 15% lower/2.5 upper on E85.
-J

Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth the extra cash for me.. remember I’m in northern Canada so everything costs me twice as much as the next guy. Would have to buy the elbow, pulley, puller and get another tune from Lund. Not sure if all that I sent worth 20-30rwhp.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Looks like you are already running pretty good with the mods you have, basically you gotta ask yourself if getting a ported elbow and making a little bit more hp/torque is worth the expense and get you down the track quicker.

Yeah I hear you, we get hosed up here in Canada for stuff. I wouldn't buy this particular item brand new but some parts I prefer new so that's what I go for. Usually I wait for a sale or if I know I'm heading down the states on holidays or something then I'll get my stuff and bring it back tax/duty free.

Hunt down a used one maybe around the time you might head to the states to save some cash....................also hope our dollar gets better also.

Tony

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth the extra cash for me.. remember I’m in northern Canada so everything costs me twice as much as the next guy. Would have to buy the elbow, pulley, puller and get another tune from Lund. Not sure if all that I sent worth 20-30rwhp.
10.48 sounds better than 10.68
Just sayin’ :)
-J

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
10.48 sounds better than 10.68
Just sayin’ :)
-J

Haha, true.
Looks like you are already running pretty good with the mods you have, basically you gotta ask yourself if getting a ported elbow and making a little bit more hp/torque is worth the expense and get you down the track quicker.

Yeah I hear you, we get hosed up here in Canada for stuff. I wouldn't buy this particular item brand new but some parts I prefer new so that's what I go for. Usually I wait for a sale or if I know I'm heading down the states on holidays or something then I'll get my stuff and bring it back tax/duty free.

Hunt down a used one maybe around the time you might head to the states to save some cash....................also hope our dollar gets better also.

Tony

Yes forsure decisions decision. Lol. Yes I used to always do border runs when I lived in Ont, but where I am here the Montana border is 13 hrs away! Yes we really get hosed, I’ll have to give it more thought.

Ya maybe I’ll watch the market.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
If you're considering a pulley down the road this does not need to effect getting the BPS elbow.
When I had Cobra kit cars guys would joke with me about port matching, carb spacers etc.
They'd say " So you did this mod for what...10-15HP..was that worth it ?"
My response was always " Yeah 10+15+ when I do the next stage for 40-50HP this part's already done." The elbow enhances airflow. It's a quick install with port matching. And...after a data log Lund might likely advise the OBD picked up the slack for more air & there's no need for re-tweak.
Oh ....and....wives hate me......

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Chances are if you have a tune, you won't need a revision for a smaller pulley. Many of the calculations made by the PCM are load based and recalibrating the load tables is part of most tunes. Timing tables are based on load, so you're probably fine. I would send an e-mail to Lund to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread