Can't decide.

Tenntitans

Established Member
cant decide in who to send my motor to. Researched into mmr obviously. MPS livernois, Rgr, MPR, L&M. I recently bought a car that had a built motor. Unfortunately built by Blake. Took a chance on it. Everything seemed ok. Over a small period of time noticed coolant disappearing but couldn't find a leak. Logs looked perfect at wot. No knock anything. Oil looked fine to. Plugs looked fine as well. Put it under a pressure test and noticed coolant dripping out of the header flange on the passenger side and the pressure dropped 3psi in about 10 mins. Not sure if it's a headgasket or someone got excited on the portwork and got it think on the exhaust port. Not even sure what it's going to cost me to have one of those places tear it down and fix the issue and reassemble. Just looking for opinions on who to send it to and decent pricing. Motor has Manley h beams diamond pistons and boss crank and block supports. Running a f1A procharger and hope to reach 1000 wheel. Trying to decide if I should do sleeves in the process or not n what that would run.

nxhappy

Established Member
why not pull the heads and check out the gaskets? might not need a rebuild.... did you do a compression test?

Tenntitans

Established Member
Since Blake built it I just want it gone through. I've considered having someone pull the head and checking it out but it would cost me about 1000 to have it done and the head checked out and the deck checked out. No compression test yet but will do it before I pull it. Also going to scope it. I figured if I'm gonna have it out might as well send it off and have it gone through and considering getting sleeves. All kinda up in the air ATM.

Tenntitans

Established Member
There is a place close to me that I'm considering as well. They have done serval mod motors and do very good work. Not sure if anyone on here has heard of them but it's Baldwin racing engines.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We would be happy to help you run through the build with you.
If your looking for 1000+ wheel the sleeves are a little insurance.
we rate the factory liners in a .005" or less overbore to 1k flywheel
The H-beams are fine for 1000 flywheel with the 2000 bolts in them
if your thinking big power 4 digit wheel+might be a good idea to go big beam I-beam rod, access the pistons you have(shelf Diamonds or a customs?)
double key the crank & damper
If the car is heavier proh want to go copper o-ring/receiver groove.

Tenntitans

Established Member
We would be happy to help you run through the build with you.
If your looking for 1000+ wheel the sleeves are a little insurance.
we rate the factory liners in a .005" or less overbore to 1k flywheel
The H-beams are fine for 1000 flywheel with the 2000 bolts in them
if your thinking big power 4 digit wheel+might be a good idea to go big beam I-beam rod, access the pistons you have(shelf Diamonds or a customs?)
double key the crank & damper
If the car is heavier proh want to go copper o-ring/receiver groove.

I gave you guys a call but never received one back

Users who are viewing this thread