chasing my tail.

robert presti

Established Member
Today I got things working pretty good. I would need to pull spark plugs to confirm the tune is going right. I'm working on a car that I believe has one or more bad cylinders. This is causing a misfire causing a lean wideband reading when it is really to rich for the bad cylinders. With new plugs and injectors I'm still seeing a bank to bank difference of 1. Which is an improvement over the 2 with plugs You could tell were fouled. This is the oddest part of tuning in my opinion is that you can get so rich it can show up as lean. Gas washing the cylinder to low compression. The first time I thought the coil was bad for that cylinder, but after the plug is always bad on that cylinder with different coils one has to wonder. Many days later a couple plugs still have a sheen, My guess is oil fouled.

robert presti

Established Member
I pulled the plugs again and did a leak down compression test. Nothing wrong with the engine. The two plugs that were fouled must have been from junk injectors leaking, which I replaced last time I changed plugs. Plugs all look good now. I didn't explain the difference well last time with the 1 and 2 . 13.6 on one bank and 14.6 on the other with the dual wide band and not just at idle.

Users who are viewing this thread