Child cancer or serioues illness.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Well, he had his first dose of chemo yesterday and his 2nd dose today. Yesterday he was worn out, he has been put under three times since tuesday. We went ahead and shaved his head so he doesn' try to put his hair in his mouth when it does start to fall out. Last night he had a fever of 104.8 and most of was due to the chemo, today he has had no fever.

He will be here for thanksgiving and Christmas, I'll be back in Charlotte Monday and return to Memphis in 2-3 weeks. He is a resilient little man.

Can' figure out how to post a pic on the forum with this new phone.
He’s a ****in warrior.

Sorry for the language it just feels appropriate.

Intervention302

Established Member
Is St Judes part of the Children's Miracle Network? My family runs DQ's and we work with CMN a lot and help donate. The children's hospitals do so much

I'll be thinking of your son. Best of luck man. I cant imagine

slow06

Established Member
He is a warrior, hopefully in this pic I'm trying to post you can see it. All smiles.

I don't know if St. Judes works with them, but they have been more than helpful, we got a social worker working with us to figure out my FMLA, work is giving me a hard time about it since I am not injured. We set him up a gofundme to get him some of the stuff he will need along the way.

A lot of the families that have been here before, and are back have taken me under their wing.

1cb38b79a07f44de58bfd4f575c07e02.jpg
cef46b0b9b83bc7d3aa81e2b3c89458b.jpg

Here is a pic of his actual eyes, I am very lucky the light caught it at that angle, I would have never known this was growing inside him.

50a6cd18e74bb62c524bf012acd581b0.jpg
48476ac4a197ce5a9c08cf1e02d8ddff.jpg

Keep praying for him. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don’t believe it is. The CMN is another foundation. Both are great charities.

St Jude started in 1962 where childhood cancer survival rate was 4%. Today it’s a 94% survival rate. They don’t bill their patients and will pay for travel cost for immediate family during your child’s stay.

75% of St Jude’s operating cost has to be raised each year. Today it cost $2.4 million a day.

Still many prayers op!

Intervention302

Established Member
He is a warrior, hopefully in this pic I'm trying to post you can see it. All smiles.

I don't know if St. Judes works with them, but they have been more than helpful, we got a social worker working with us to figure out my FMLA, work is giving me a hard time about it since I am not injured. We set him up a gofundme to get him some of the stuff he will need along the way.

A lot of the families that have been here before, and are back have taken me under their wing.

View attachment 1445690View attachment 1445691

Here is a pic of his actual eyes, I am very lucky the light caught it at that angle, I would have never known this was growing inside him.

View attachment 1445692View attachment 1445693

Keep praying for him. Thanks.

I hope everything works out the best way possible man.

I'm terrified of injuring an eye.

I just got denied for laser eye surgery because the shape of my retina

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Intervention302

Established Member
It's awesome to put some "faces" to the people who would be getting help from the donations

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

slow06

Established Member
Everything St. Judes does is through donations and a ton of events they do here. They had the Indiana pacers here the other night for a tour, the next night it was a bunch of southwest pilots doing a tour. Some celebs have dropped by and have donated. The pre-op wing here is funded by the trumps. Being here has really amazed me.

MG0h3

Established Member
Turns into one big family when you're living at a children's hospital.

Throw the gofundme link on here.

slow06

Established Member
It is like one big family here. We have people from all over the world here.

Here is his gofundme link

www.gofundme.com/help-anthony-joseph-ramirez-fight

I don't want anyone to feel obligated to donate, the only thing I ask is, keep him in your thoughts. He will be here for 6 weeks at least, but will have 11 months of chemo. Thanks.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
You got a great strong looking boy there man. Looks like he is a lot of fun in a small package. I'll stand by St. Judes, they saved my nephew from cancer when it was said to be caught way to late. They dont give up and are straight up with you. You have the hardest job to do here, being strong for the whole family, and still working on top of it. Almost lost my 2 year old son Friday night 1 day after his birthday. I'm with you and your family and everyone here, that boy will be tearing it up soon enough. Heh, sorry for the wall of text...been rough, just love him and do what you got to do.

slow06

Established Member
2013gt'ed I hope everything will be fine with your son and it has been taken care of so you can enjoy your time with him. That's one thing that is hard here, seeing all these little kids go through something when their life hasn't really even begun, but the kids keep on trucking with no fear or care in the world. Anthony will be spending his first birthday here, he was born 12/26. Hug your little one tight each day.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thoughts and prayers sent your way man. Stay strong keep your head up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Thanks man, of all things it was Croup. 4 hours and his throat was closed. Went to bed with a slight squeak, next thing I know I'm tearing through town trying my best to ignore the screaming and just get to the ER. Your boy has got this, and St. Judes has got you. Do what you got to do, nothing else matters. My wife thinks your boy is cute as can be. I donate every year to St. Judes, wish I could do more then just money.

slow06

Established Member
I'm glad they were able to figure it out, St. Judes is great, he really is in the best place he can be. His 3rd dose went good. They are going to take him off the IV to see how he is doing with eating and drinking. He is able to drink bottles and had been keeping them down. I'll be heading back to Charlotte early morning. It's going to be hard to be away from him.

slow06

Established Member
Everything seems to be going good, his temp did go from 99.8 to 103 within 15 minutes. The chemo is starting to make him a little sick but nothing out of the ordinary. I think the hardest part will be leaving early in the morning to go back home.

slow06

Established Member
He finished his first round of chemo and has been getting a steroid shot everyday to help get him ready for round 2 in 3 weeks. The chemo seems to be working, the retina is not being pushed forward as much as it was before. That "flesh color" we were seeing was the retina coming forward. Before we got to St. Judes we would see it all the time, after 1 round of chemo his mom has to really look for it to notice it.

The last 2 days he has been able to eat Mac n Cheese, and has been drinking a ton of formula and his temp has been stable. Things seem to be getting a little easier with being away, but I do plan on going back around Christmas, but work is kinda giving me the run around with my FMLA.

I traded the 5.0 in and picked up a loaded Dodge Ram 1500 to make it easier on the trips to and from Memphis when he is able to come home, I might have some spare parts at a friends that I will try to post up soon in the for sale section.

He wanted his puffs in a Dorito bag, he is feeling like his old self.
23844453_1665151880171626_3786285527219269609_n.jpg
23915790_1663881183632029_334112885220286847_n.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Always break down crying when I see this thread bumped.

Glad to see him doing well so far with the chemo.

Users who are viewing this thread