Clutch feels weird after reinstalling

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Hey guys . Was wondering if anyone else had this issue or experienced this before , just reinstalled my engine and trans on my 03 Cobra after getting complete rebuild and after hooking up the clutch cable back up I went and depressed the clutch pedal and it just feels different I guess is the way to put it . First off it's a RAM clutch with about 2k miles on it , second new pilot bearing, flywheel resurfaced , and new throw out bearing . Now for how it feels : it's very smooth , but stiff in the beginning , then loses that stiffness as I press it to the floor . Also , absolutely no free play what so ever . Is this normal until you put some miles on it ? Any input here is very appreciated. Thanks guys and gals

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Sounds like your clutch needs some adjustment. How does the clutch act, out on the road, rowing through the gears and going into reverse?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
If it's the stock adjuster, reach down and grab the clutch pedal and pull it toward you. You will hear/feel a click, keep working the pedal up and down till the clicking stops. If that doesn't work, the cable is probably stretched. If you don't know how old it is, I would replace it anyway.

Nervouswreck

Established Member
If it's the stock adjuster, reach down and grab the clutch pedal and pull it toward you. You will hear/feel a click, keep working the pedal up and down till the clicking stops. If that doesn't work, the cable is probably stretched. If you don't know how old it is, I would replace it anyway.

I'll try this in the morning when I get home from work . Thanks a million brother

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Frame? It only should run through a bracket near the exhaust manifold.

Yes that's what I'm talking about . It go's through a bracket that is bolted against the "frame" or subframe , whatever you wanna call it , sorry if I wasn't clear on that . It feels like it's in the clutch itself though .

Users who are viewing this thread