Clutch pedal returning issues still...

Armando302

Established Member
I had the same issues once I put the boss intake on my car , it would not shift at anything over 7000 rpms. And if would let me into gear the pedal would not return back up. I'd have to pick it up with my foot and bring it back up. I tried everything , royal purple trans fluid , whiteline trans mounts , Barton short throw shifter , the blowfish bracket, braided steel clutch line but none of those fixed it, I finally saved enough for the txt and the flywheel and the shifts now are smooth as butter. Night and day difference. No more getting locked out of gear. Shifts easily at high rpms. I'd recommend doing the clutch before anything else if you're having shifting issues

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

StalkerStang

Established Member
We'd be interested to hear if this fixed your problem because the symptoms you described are indicative of a hydraulic issue. Keep us posted!

God I hope not.... literally the only component of the clutch system I have not replaced is the clutch master under the dash.

Im not pulling the tranny a 3rd time in 2 months.....

The RST so far is feeling great. Very smooth, no noise, easier shifting. It will be fully broken in by this Saturday, and it gets a revised tune that day as well.

I'll update then.

hand-filer

Established Member
I don't have the pedal sticking to the floor issue as I don't rev beyond 7,000 RPM when I shift. However I finally got around to replacing the clutch pedal assist spring with the Steeda spring.

To those of you sitting on the fence on this one, go for it. I can finally feel the clutch engaging and its effortless to control now.

StalkerStang

Established Member
I have the steeda assist spring as well. Better than no spring but like half the assist pressure of the stock spring. Feels great.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Well I got the car dyno'd Saturday and have been driving it around. Added Kooks shorty headers and a Lethal offroad X pipe. The good news is the car made great power, I'm pretty happy with it. On a Mustang dyno it did 439@ 6600, versus my previous 421 before the exhaust parts. Interesting though is my peak is now several hundred rpm sooner than before.

But I don't think my clutch pedal issue is any different. I'm shifting it now right about 7K rpm. At that rpm it doesn't slip. I shifted it once from 3rd to 4th just below 7500 and it felt like it did the same thing as before. I need to try it again to confirm though.

I'm really at a loss though. What else could be done at this point? The clutch master cylinder is literally the only part left I have not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread