Considering ditching my diablo tune for dyno tune

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra, with a 2.8 upper, jlt true cai, long tubes, no cats, full cat back, run 93, and using a generic tune for 93 oct w/ pulley from a diablo handheld. Car dynod at 465hp and 513tq on a 90° day. What could i realistically expect to gain with an actual dyno tune
Probably not much especially for the cost. Is that an SAE corrected number?

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slippery Nut

Established Member
My setup is a Steigemeir stage 8 port, 2.9 upper and 47# injectors. I had a dynotune that resulted in 500 HP and 460 TQ, SAE corrected. Running and A/F in the lower to mid 11's and max timing of 17°. With TRUE 93 octane I could probably run factory timing of 23°, lean it out a slight bit and probably be over 525 HP. In my opinion, I'd prefer the peace of mind rather than the minimal power gain. My MAF was maxing out so I put on an SCT 2500. Had a tune from another tuner which resulted in 460 HP and same for TQ. This one was even less timing, 16°. I only got the tune because with the SCT you can't do the self tune.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
It sounds like you're flying "blind" right now....the primary concern at the moment is not the dyno number....it's the datalog that needs to be done. With wideband a/f ratio. You have plenty of mods to damage that motor right now.

Get the car logged then reevaluate if a custom tune is necessary for safety first....then possibly additional power if the data indicates something is left on the table

Slippery Nut

Established Member
It sounds like you're flying "blind" right now....the primary concern at the moment is not the dyno number....it's the datalog that needs to be done. With wideband a/f ratio. You have plenty of mods to damage that motor right now.

Get the car logged then reevaluate if a custom tune is necessary for safety first....then possibly additional power if the data indicates something is left on the table
Wise advice!

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread