Consumer Digest 2017 Tire Comparison

spectreman

Established Member
Consumer Reports 2017 Tire Comparison
In the April 2017 CR Best & Worst new & Used cars issue, they rate tires. I've uploaded this info onto a pdf but don't see how to attach. Anyone help?
Lee

Last edited:

spectreman

Established Member
CD Tire.jpg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Man I have a hard time believing those mileage estimates. How are they calculated going 30 mph down hill at 50 degrees Fahrenheit, with a tailwind and no turns forever? It seems like those all seasons would have to be q-ball hard to make those figures.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
No way the continental procontact lasts 55k. I had them on my accord, they lasted about 45k pushing it. But they never deteriorated the performance, so I am getting them again.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I wanna know where they found MPSS tires for $167. I don't even think that's an average price for them, unless the price has come WAY down since I bought mine last year.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wanna know where they found MPSS tires for $167. I don't even think that's an average price for them, unless the price has come WAY down since I bought mine last year.
That is pretty inexpensive...

Even in a 245/40r18 they are $181 after rebate and that's a fairly inexpensive tire size.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
In print form, it said all tires were something like 215/65/16

Users who are viewing this thread