Crap Happens- But How Often?

CV355

_
Established Member
Updated 6/23. Please read the end of this thread before commenting

Just out of curiosity, how often does "crap" happen in your lives? I'm growing more and more concerned that somewhere in my family tree, someone pissed off a gypsy or something. My wife and I were talking last night and recounting all of the crap we've been through. It's bizarre, and weekly.

I guess we're wondering when it will at least ease up a bit. I mean, maybe let me go a month before the next gut-punch? And it's not carelessness or stupidity on my part either- I'm overly cautious and paranoid about everything- maintenance, risk prevention, etc. I'm not clumsily going about life, and I take FULL ownership of anything I directly cause (being abused at work was my fault)

Just curious if it's me, or if everyone else deals with a catastrophe every week.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, how often does "crap" happen in your lives? I'm growing more and more concerned that somewhere in my family tree, someone pissed off a gypsy or something. My wife and I were talking last night and recounting all of the crap we've been through. It's bizarre, and weekly.

I guess we're wondering when it will at least ease up a bit. I mean, maybe let me go a month before the next gut-punch? And it's not carelessness or stupidity on my part either- I'm overly cautious and paranoid about everything- maintenance, risk prevention, etc. I'm not clumsily going about life, and I take FULL ownership of anything I directly cause (being abused at work was my fault)

Just curious if it's me, or if everyone else deals with a catastrophe every week.

It depends on what you call a "catastrophe". Raise your threshold, and things probably won't seem so bad.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it's all relative on how you view each situation. Such is life though.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
LOL - the eagle has just landed! Stay out of stall #2!
True story...hurt the bathroom at my local power sports shop this morning...I needed some 2 stroke oil and well...my said though shalt wait a few mins l

CV355

_
Established Member
It depends on what you call a "catastrophe". Raise your threshold, and things probably won't seem so bad.

I can deal with "flat tire" BS, or "someone made my coffee wrong." Believe me, that gets peppered in constantly. What I'm referring to is moderate to major, weekly. If I feel like a week has been uneventful, a tree will fall on my house, or my wife will get into another car accident (not her fault), or someone in the family will wind up in the hospital, or lightning will strike my house and fry the A/C system... Weekly. It needs to stop. I've moved 5 times to get away from this BS and it follows me. Even my wife said that she never had bad luck until we were married.

As for the comments about family members health, yes that's peppered in too. In the past 4 years, my wife, father in law, father, mother, and sister have been in the hospital for injuries, stroke, heart attacks, cancer... I have a very small family and we generally keep to ourselves- most have passed away on my side of the family and I'm the only one left to "carry the name." I was in the hospital last year but not for something I wish to share in public.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
For the past couple years almost every day has been a screwed up adventure. If you want to know how messed up things have been, just ask. I will provide you with a list of BS that is on the edge of unbelievable.

At the moment I have taken the day off and given up (self employed). Stress has my head pounding. Migraines suck, and my job requires that I make and listen to noise all day. This just means I will more than likely be up all night working.

Trust me when I say my headache is the least of my worries.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I can deal with "flat tire" BS, or "someone made my coffee wrong." Believe me, that gets peppered in constantly. What I'm referring to is moderate to major, weekly. If I feel like a week has been uneventful, a tree will fall on my house, or my wife will get into another car accident (not her fault), or someone in the family will wind up in the hospital, or lightning will strike my house and fry the A/C system... Weekly. It needs to stop. I've moved 5 times to get away from this BS and it follows me. Even my wife said that she never had bad luck until we were married.

As for the comments about family members health, yes that's peppered in too. In the past 4 years, my wife, father in law, father, mother, and sister have been in the hospital for injuries, stroke, heart attacks, cancer... I have a very small family and we generally keep to ourselves- most have passed away on my side of the family and I'm the only one left to "carry the name." I was in the hospital last year but not for something I wish to share in public.
It sounds as if you and I have been running in parallel to one another. If you need to talk, I will listen. All confidential with me.

CV355

_
Established Member
For the past couple years almost every day has been a screwed up adventure. If you want to know how messed up things have been, just ask. I will provide you with an unbelievable list of BS that is on the edge of unbelievable.

At the moment I have taken the day off and given up (self employed). Stress has my head pounding. Migraines suck, and my job requires that I make and listen to noise all day. This just means I will more than likely be up all night working.

Trust me when I say my headache is the least of my worries.

I don't know which is worse- feeling like I'm alone in it, or seeing others facing the same bizarre fate...

I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat as I am. Sort of wish I could just yell "STOP" and freeze time to pick up the pieces- like on the 2nd record of The Wall.

It sounds as if you and I have been running in parallel to one another. If you need to talk, I will listen. All confidential with me.

I appreciate that, and likewise.

If it's me, it's me. If it's common, then my solution is liquidate. 7 years ago right now, I owned next to nothing due to flooding and theft. Everything fit in my Volvo, which had one payment on it. I moved to SC and started over. The curse came back within a year and hasn't let up since. Here's a good example:

July 2nd, 2014: House is torn apart (much like it is now) due to extensive water damage from a pipe cracking open. Contractors are showing up, I'm trying to work from home. Find out insurance wont cover it. Get a call that my father had a stroke, is in the hospital, and isn't expected to make it. Drop everything and head to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, get a flat tire. While fixing flat tire, my wife gets a phone call that her father and brother were in a car accident in Arizona and are in the hospital, car totaled. Get to the hospital my father is at, he can't even speak. After several hours, we're told he needs to go in for scans and we can't visit until later. Get home to check on contractors. Guess what? Lightning struck the house and fried the AC (same thing happened last year, different house). House is 90 degrees and rising. Call the HVAC guy, he can't come out for several days. Phone rings, don't recognize the number- it's an angry customer from work. Explain I need to call back at another time, they refuse, get in a 30 minute argument with them. Head back to the hospital to check on my father. Had to shut my phone off because work was blowing it up.

...that was one day in 2014. I rank that as a 4/10 compared to last year and this year. Just for perspective. At the time, it was the most stress I had ever faced. Last year holds the record. This year is 2nd place.

I hear you on the headaches. My stress got so bad last year that I was having blackouts. Like, the pain would get so intense that I'd start to hear ringing like tinnitus, then I'd wake up on the floor wondering what happened. The prescription I was given to battle that burned a hole in my esophagus and stomach.

Attachments

• 38a.jpg
    38a.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I don't know which is worse- feeling like I'm alone in it, or seeing others facing the same bizarre fate...

I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat as I am. Sort of wish I could just yell "STOP" and freeze time to pick up the pieces- like on the 2nd record of The Wall.

If it's me, it's me. If it's common, then my solution is liquidate. 7 years ago right now, I owned next to nothing due to flooding and theft. Everything fit in my Volvo, which had one payment on it. I moved to SC and started over. The curse came back within a year and hasn't let up since. Here's a good example:

July 2nd, 2014: House is torn apart (much like it is now) due to extensive water damage from a pipe cracking open. Contractors are showing up, I'm trying to work from home. Find out insurance wont cover it. Get a call that my father had a stroke, is in the hospital, and isn't expected to make it. Drop everything and head to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, get a flat tire. While fixing flat tire, my wife gets a phone call that her father and brother were in a car accident in Arizona and are in the hospital, car totaled. Get to the hospital my father is at, he can't even speak. After several hours, we're told he needs to go in for scans and we can't visit until later. Get home to check on contractors. Guess what? Lightning struck the house and fried the AC (same thing happened last year, different house). House is 90 degrees and rising. Call the HVAC guy, he can't come out for several days. Phone rings, don't recognize the number- it's an angry customer from work. Explain I need to call back at another time, they refuse, get in a 30 minute argument with them. Head back to the hospital to check on my father. Had to shut my phone off because work was blowing it up.

...that was one day in 2014. I rank that as a 4/10 compared to last year and this year. Just for perspective. At the time, it was the most stress I had ever faced. Last year holds the record. This year is 2nd place.

I hear you on the headaches. My stress got so bad last year that I was having blackouts. Like, the pain would get so intense that I'd start to hear ringing like tinnitus, then I'd wake up on the floor wondering what happened. The prescription I was given to battle that burned a hole in my esophagus and stomach.
I think @Revvv would be a good guy for you to talk to. I don't know where yer at with yer spiritual life and quite frankly it's none of my business but I have no doubt that it sustains Revvv and that he'd be a good source of info for that too.

CV355

_
Established Member
I really appreciate it guys. It probably doesn't look this way, but I'm really not trying to make this thread a "woe is me, eternal sorrow!" sobfest.

I either fight this head on, or figure out another way. Hell, if someone can get a chuckle out of some of the misfortune, or it makes someone else appreciate their life more, then fantastic.

I think @Revvv would be a good guy for you to talk to. I don't know where yer at with yer spiritual life and quite frankly it's none of my business but I have no doubt that it sustains Revvv and that he'd be a good source of info for that too.

I consider myself nondenominational Christian. I pray to God every night, and even though we've had it pretty rough, there have been a few miracles here and there. Maybe it was modern science, maybe God, probably both. He seems to like letting me find a new low before letting a little sun peek through the clouds- like last year, I was beyond a breaking point. I offered to help one of the other car accident victims financially because he helped my wife out of the ditch (the bad accident, not my wife's fault) and suddenly everything started getting better little by little. Still an uphill battle, but at least it wasn't vertical anymore.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Yes, I can and will talk, and I have had days similar to yours. I haven't publically let anyone know about the BS this week. I will say that it has been a rollercoaster, and I'm not sure if I'm strapped in, or if the track is going to fall apart.

First and foremost, own your mistakes. Accept your flaws or failures, then work towards improvement in those areas.

Also realize that you are not in control as much as you think you are. All anyone has the ability to do is react to what we are presented with. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at things from an outside perspective. It is hard to see a solution to a problem when you are buried under the burden of it. It is easy to focus on whatever is wrong, and with that it appears everything else builds on and around the main issue.

Some things you have no control over whatsoever, and there is nothing you will be able to do. You have to accept the negatives. Sick loved ones are one example of things that are not your fault.

Even with what I have said, there will be stress, anger, and discouragement. That is normal.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Thank you for the compliment and trust.

Users who are viewing this thread