Custom Turbo Kit for 96-98 Cobra

jthibeau

Established Member
I'm selling my custom turbo system off of my 98 Cobra. This has been a great street kit, making nearly 600 rwhp and over 600 ft lb of torque on pump gas. I'm stepping up to a race system so have decided to sell this one.

The kit was built by Cartech Turbo Systems in San Antonio. All the exhaust components are stainless steel and all of the cold side piping is powder coated wrinkle black. Everything is built with high quality parts. The system only has approximately 6k miles on it. (the car only has 23k on it) The turbo is a brand new Precision 6776 that has less than 100 miles on it and has not seen any boost. (just had to install it to have my tuner correct some drivability issues in the tune before I changed everything) I still have the blank warranty card that I will include so you turn it in.

This is a low mount kit so the turbo is hidden, keeping the engine bay very clean. It allows you to keep your A/C, power steering, and anti-swaybar, as well as your factory oil cooler and oil filter location. It does require a modified thermostat housing and lower radiator hose assembly, but that is included. It also requires a tubular K-member and A-arms, and that is not included.

Asking $2500, with the following parts included:

-Precision 6776 turbo
-Custom intercooler - 3x6x26 core (Garrett high density cores)
-Stainless exhaust tubing from manifolds to turbo (bolts up to stock manifold)
-Stainless 3" downpipe
-Stainless 2-1/2 inch H-pipie with Magnaflow race cats (bolts up to cat back exhaust)
-Turbonetics Wastegate (plumbed back into the downpipe)
-Cold side piping (powder coated wrinkle black)
-All silicone turbo hose connectors
-All hose clamps and v-band clamps
-Turbo intake side tubing and K&N air filter
-ProCharger bypass valve
-Tilton oil scavenge pump
-Oil feed and return lines (including a feed pressure check valve for low munt turbos)
-Modified thermostat housing and lower radiator hose assembly
-Reische 170 degree thermostat ($63 thermostat!)
-FJO Wideband oxygen sensor and controller

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. I'll be glad to answer any questions. PM me and I'll try to respond quickly.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:

jthibeau

Established Member
IMG_2493.jpg
IMG_2503.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2497.jpg
IMG_2498.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2502.jpg
Pics

jthibeau

Established Member
My car has a D&D Motorsports K member, but unfortunately they aren't made anymore. The D&D looks exactly like a UPR and very similar to a QA1. I think it would likely fit fine with either of those since they are the same design, but I just can't guarantee it since I haven't tried it.

The car made 600/600 with my old Precision 6776, which was identical to the new one being included in the kit.

Thanks!

jthibeau

Established Member
Looking at the pics of the MM I think it would likely fit because the places where it needs clearance look the same. I just can't guarantee it though.

jthibeau

Established Member
I was using the stock manifolds. I still have them and can include them for free if needed. It should work with any shorty headers as well.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread