Damn P0171 and P0174 Can't figure it out, Help!

svtcobralover

Established Member
So I got these damn codes, meaning both bank 1 and bank 2 are running lean. I've searched around spraying carb cleaner around all of the vacum lines and came up with nothing. I cleaned the IAC and also the MAF. I put the car up on a lift and checked around where the exhaust manifolds meet the x-pipe. No obvious signs of carbon build up around the gaskets and flange. I did tighten every bolt and nut on the exhaust but they all were snugged on pretty good.

What else could be causing my problem. I thought about the O2's, but I just can't fathom that both would go bad at once. The car also has a new fuel filter, maybe 5 months old, as well as a Aviator fuel pump. It pulls fine through the rpm range, but when I let off the gas, the rpms drop pretty quickly. When coasting to a stop the rpm will drop to about 800 and bounce back up to 1,200 and repeat until I come to a stop. Sometimes it does it, and other times it's normal.

Can anyone help me out? I've done my research, and from my understanding it's just a matter of unmetered air entering the intake after the MAF.

I don't have access to a smoke machine to check for vacum leaks either.

Users who are viewing this thread