Dashe's of death

Venomous01svt

One day I was driving my car and all of a sudden, I hit a small bump, loud exhaust back fire and then everything just shut off. Pulled over onto the shoulder, tried to to crank the car but got a crank no start with ----- on the odometer, and the pats light freaking out, I've read a bunch of other threads but still can't wrap my head around what's going on. The car has know sat for 4 months as I checked things but with the current work load I was forced to take it to a shop. I've checked fuses and the grounds, replaced the ccrm, left the battery unhooked for 2 weeks, that did nothing... the guy at the shop also said he double checked the grounds, fuses, etc.... I cannot get into the pcm to see the codes. I also bought another pcm, and when that is plugged in, I still have the same scenario. So now I'm being told to just go out and buy another dash harness and fender harness, im currently waiting to be quoted on what that would be to replace, im currently 800 in the hole right know. The mechanic/tuner says hes dealt with this once or twice and was caused by a pcm dropping out mid tune. I was wondering if anyone would have an insight or had a similar issue... I really think their is a better alternative than just throwing a dash harness and fender harness into the vehicle and still possible havin the same issue...

I'm running a diablo intune2, no other mods that would effect the pcm.....

omj

Established Member
I had a similar occurrence after a gauge install. I didn't fully plug into the cluster and it had slipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread