Densecharger?

mustangdan429

Established Member
i found a densechager intake kit for my cobra....and i was wondering why it was so cheep compared with bbk and other companys. its 160 + 12 s+h. is there something thats missing that i would have to buy separte?

go to www.densecharger.com and click on ordering. ii have a 97 cobra and i want a full length kit from TB to inner fender.

ASAP i want to order a intake.

thanks for clearing it up,
danny

Tucker

It's cheap because it's a bunch of pvc elbows thrown together and held in place with a screw or two. They look like the car owner built it them self. Just my opnion.
Do a search. Some like them some hate them.

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
I'm not sure performance wise about the densecharger, but IMO it looks horrible. I have heard that with an aftermarket MAF it showed good results althought the MAF is around $200 more. Try Tucker's JLT intake it looks cool, costs less, and definately packs a few HPs.

dscf0001.jpg.w560h376.jpg

timk

Established Member
if you can figure out the strut-brace problem, get the JLT. it works, period. i had a densecharger on my 95...it was my first mod along with underdrive pulleys. it was a real turd. really, it's just junk. all i got out of it was a funky idle.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i really like my densecharger, although it was a huge pain in the ass to install!! it does not really fit under the strut tower brace, but the pvc will flex a little if you force it. it does suck a lot of air cause of the size and with my mods i put down 290hp to the wheels! somethin is workin

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I took my strut tower brace off the other day and i have had my car for over 2 years and i could not even tell a difference with it off. So i am probably going to just leave it off and get a JLT's true cold air as well.

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
You could do the Densecharger youreself at home depot. Get something good. I have the WMS and its great. No pics yet. The JLT is very nice also....

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
Originally posted by cgriff97cobra
I took my strut tower brace off the other day and i have had my car for over 2 years and i could not even tell a difference with it off.

Me either. If someone took off your STB and never told you, you would only figure it out after you popped the hood and saw it missing.
D.

mustangdan429

Established Member
does the strut tower brace really not affect it that much? i kinda wanna keep it on.....o well. couldnt you tell a little difference at the road course or at autocross?

thanks for that piece of info

danny

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
I agree, take it off if that is the only thing keeping you from getting the JLT cold air. It does not make any difference to me honestly. Atleast try it and if you dont like it put it back on!!

Users who are viewing this thread