emergency supplies

Established Member
So I'm driving home in nasty weather a few days ago, thinking, what would I grab at the store if I only had 5 minutes to get in and out, get home and hunker down? I live in a tornado area, so I have enough laid up in the basement for a quick event, but what if we are down for 3-5 days. Remember, you have a short time in the store before you are going home, and it needs to be practical. Most survival supplies I already have in one form or another.

2 cases of water per person
Milk
Bread
Fruit
Possibly some soup

What would you add to the list?

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
6 bottles of Jack Daniels, 2 5 gallon buckets and toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Established Member
Guys, I'm going home from the store. Its a safe bet at my house there is already a Costco sized toilet paper and paper towels. And with certainty, it would take a large crowd to knock out the whiskey and other booze that is already at home. That is one supply that is unlikely to ever be understocked.

bglf83

Established Member
Would probably go after a bunch of soup in cans, tp and water.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I have enough of everything that I welcome a disaster or experience causing a shutdown of life for a period of time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We stray about 80% stocked for 2-weeks of service outage. When ever there's a hurricane coming we typically just buy some more meat and booze.

Machdup1

Established Member
1000 rounds of ammunition for every firearm you own, a gallon of Tequila, an Oz of good weed, some blow, two strippers and some Twinkees.

That's we call a Zombie Apocalypse starter kit.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
7 gallon Aquatainers. As many as you can fit in whatever space you have. Flush and refresh every six months assuming you start with good water. https://www.rei.com/product/618168/reliance-aqua-tainer-7-gal

Freeze dried food - Mountain House enjoys an excellent reputation. Get the #10 cans. They are good for 25 years as I recall.

Fuel to heat water for freeze dried food. Jet boil works well.

Good first aid kit, and not one for kid's boo boo, but gun shot wounds

whatever meds you take

toilet paper, feminine hygiene products for the wife

batteries, candles, head lamps to see when you need both hands

if you live north of the tropics, Buddy propane heaters, and lots of propane canisters. They also sell a hose you can connect to 20 gallon propane tanks from your grill. propane stores forever.

defense.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good suggestions so far but I would also add dog food if you have a dog. No sense in having to give food to a dog if food is in short supply

nxhappy

Established Member
1000 rounds of ammunition for every firearm you own, a gallon of Tequila, an Oz of good weed, some blow, two strippers and some Twinkees.

That's we call a Zombie Apocalypse starter kit.
CANNA GET A AMEN !!!

Users who are viewing this thread