Fays2 Watts Link install question

boomstick33

Established Member
Question for you Fays2 guys. I'm be installing it on my 2012 Boss 302 & the instructions say about positioning the passenger side tube mount around the axle tube breather. Well....since the breather nut is on the drivers side & not the passenger side on the Boss, did you guys swap the back piece from the drivers side & passenger side mounts or just leave as is?

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hello Boomstick33 - I recently installed the Fays Watts on my Boss and ran into the same issue. Here is part of what Jim Fays told me via email when I asked him the same question:

"If you are not worried about avoiding the vent tube it doesn't matter what axle clamp half you use. You can probably place the clamp to the outside of the vent tube. Do not extend the axle clamps to show more than 6 threads on each."

Good luck - I am so pleased with mine!

John

boomstick33

Established Member
Thanks KBBoss302! I crawled under & took another look. It looks like if I put the back half of the passenger side onto the drivers side, in order for it to fit over that nut head the axle tube won't be at the 9 o'clock position bit more like an 8 o'clock position. Was this the same for you as well?

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hey Boomstick - sorry I didn't reply sooner. I actually ended up placing mine out beyond the vent bolt (I have a JLT axle vent coming off the top of the diff instead of off the axle). And even though he referred to 'axle clamps' in the email I quoted earlier, he meant to say the adjustable rods that sit between the propeller and the axle clamps. Mine are right at 6 threads at all 4 heim joints.

And as far as his instructions, as far as I can tell yes you can have some of the components at slightly different angles than maybe 'ideal' (as long as the adjustable rods are equal length and the propeller sits at a correct angle) but he gives you examples with diagrams of what you should or shouldn't do. I would definitely email him with any questions because he was excellent to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread