Ford Racing M-7210-B Shifter Opinions?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks for the savings tip. I currently have the FRPP shifter. It's a step above the stock shifter but the 1 to 2 transition has always been tight. I may purchase the MGW gen2 so I can have it installed when I need to replace my clutch.

Which handle length do folks prefer, standard or extended?

I ordered one of each with my MGW2, I figured that at some point in the future I may sell it, and having both handles will be worth more than limiting the future buyer to one.............plus I may change it up from time to time (after I finally get it installed)..........

001_zpsew1qbguj.jpg

The difference between the two...........

001_zpsy9mr4d0w.jpg

I bought my MGW2 directly from MGW and I am pretty sure that there was a SVTPerf discount? It may have been 5% or something like that, but I believe whatever it was, the discount paid for that second handle, and that was another reason why I added it to my order.

R

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Which handle length do folks prefer, standard or extended?

Get the standard length. I just recently upgraded from the gen 1 MGW to the gen 2 with the extended handle. The shift throws are comparatively long as hell. If you can find a gen 1 for cheap, I would personally say go for that, instead. The gen 1 gives you the option of adjusting your shift throws, and it is still a very good shifter. I sold mine to a forum member. Hope he enjoys it.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Agree with standard length handle. I bought mine used and it only came with the standard length handle. At first I was bit worried that it might be too short, but after installing it I found it to be the perfect height & only slightly shorter than the OEM height. After driving it for a few weeks I wouldn't want the extended length handle.

Users who are viewing this thread