Friendly grudge racing, who's gonna win?

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
Okay guys me a a couple friends from work are gonna hit up the track Thursday for some friendly grudge racing. Car are as follows.

1. 2010 ss Camaro auto. Only mod that I know Is magna flow cat back exhaust.

2. 2007 Dodge charger auto, mods are newer SRT8 intake, Mopar cai, flowmaster cat back, and custom tune from our shop.

3. My 1996 cobra. Mods are foxlake racing built heads, bbk long tubes with magnaflow cat back, full mach performance pulley kit, jlt cai, built 4.56 rear end, bama tune, after market suspension, and nitto 315 drag radials. Have more minor mods but hit all the big ones.
Just like to know what you guys think the outcome will be. Ran my car at this track stock to a 8.9 at something like 81- 82 mph.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
Charger should run like a dog. It's between your cobra and the camaro but it sounds like you on tire (along with having real performance oriented mods) will win an 1/8

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
Thanks, have not ran anything since all the mods we're done. But I know if I don't edge them out it will be real close at the finish line.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
will be closer than you think. My 2007 300C Hemi with diablo intune and CAI ran 9.0 in 1/8th, with more mods he might take ya.

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
No I am with you, think they are all pretty even with, the only advantage on my end i think is the drag radials. As long as the weather in NC holds out we will know Thursday.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Which track? I've been meaning to make a test hit with my car and I've been eyeballing Farmington and Wilkesboro.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Agree, I will she how she does but I am undecided on power shifting or not.

Your tires won't help you as much as you think. Nitto 315s suck at the track from my experience. I think you will be behind off the git-go. Camaro will run 8.9 and you will run...8.7. That is my guess.

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
How am I gonna behind but run a faster time as you stated above? Also I am yet to run the tires on the track but they do nothing but grab on the street.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
How am I gonna behind but run a faster time as you stated above? Also I am yet to run the tires on the track but they do nothing but grab on the street.

Your 4.56 gears will do much better in the 1/8 than a stock automatic Camaro. I suspect your 60' to be around a 2.0 and your MPH...86. Of course I'm just guessing here.

The track isn't the street

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
I agree with you on your last post. But you lost me at I will be behind from the get-go, and then stated I'd run a faster time than the Camaro. So the charger isn't gonna be as much of a contest as the Camaro?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Since the Camaro is a pretty much stock automatic, it won't hardly spin at the hit. You have the potential to blow them off in second and third if you're not careful.

Being treed or out-launched happens all the time. The faster car can still come around with a W though.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I agree with you on your last post. But you lost me at I will be behind from the get-go, and then stated I'd run a faster time than the Camaro. So the charger isn't gonna be as much of a contest as the Camaro?

His car is idiot proof off the line. Your car will require some foot finesse. He has less to do and can watch the tree better. You might be dicking with your RPMs while the yellows drop. I don't know your level of John Force so I'm betting the idiot proof car best you off the line. How far, who knows.

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
Well I normally am pretty decent off tree, I say my first pull will be the worst just cause it's the first time launching the car after all the mods with that size tire. Camaro driver is no slouch.
But I really think as long I grip my car will drag them two in my first three gears.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
But I really think as long I grip my car will drag them two in my first three gears.

One could only hope so. They are high 8 second cars in the 1/8.

Still you have to drive while they can sip coffee while racing. I've seen a 14 second GT500, so when there are 3 pedals involved I will always give the edge to the automatic at the track until proven different.

Users who are viewing this thread