Front splitter removal

Matt_SVT

I'm trying to remove the front splitter to get access to the belly pan and am having a heck of a time getting it off. All of the bolts have been removed and only the clips are holding it on, but I haven't figured out how to get the middle piece off.
Any tips?

Steve16

Reach up and grab the back edge of the splitter where it overlaps the belly pan and pull towards the front of the car while pushing down on the front lip (on the "SHELBY" letters essentially) and it should release.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This may help you.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/videos/GT350Splitter_3PieceFINAL.mp4

GT350%20splitter%20instructions%201.jpg

GT350%20splitter%20instructions%202.jpg

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Thanks for the schematic Tob. My out of state dealer is shipping mine without the Splitter installed. I'll install it and hope it is easy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You will want a lift to install it on.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys don't happen to know where to find a belly pan do ya? Kinda ripped splitter off at 140 and it took a couple of the attachment points to the belly pan clean off. Wana fix it right.

Got this part number...fr3v-6a971-bj...not sure the "j" is supposed to be there, looks like an afterthought. But can't find it with my google-fu and didn't have time to call any dealers today.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
According to my insurance claim, the lower splitter and belly pan come as a unit. The belly pan provides integral support for the splitter, so if you've damaged one, you've likely damaged the other, too. That's probably why they come as a unit.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
These are what sonnyboy john found for me Saturday morning. Helpful fella

81cf5518b991c26b2476772dd19d372b.jpg
5f68881d1fec23571acd665fbba044b9.jpg
8105bfb627f8705e1f50328a4cc71427.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Established Member
Well, I’m in this state now. Have all the screws off and cannot get the center piece off. I tried pulling from the rear while pushing on the letters but that hasn’t worked yet. Is there a better way or keep trying that?? Thanks

DeathvalleySC

Established Member
Well, I’m in this state now. Have all the screws off and cannot get the center piece off. I tried pulling from the rear while pushing on the letters but that hasn’t worked yet. Is there a better way or keep trying that?? Thanks

Sorry for the late response but for anyone else that has issues getting the center section of the 3 piece splitter off. Take all screws off. If you’re looking at the front of the splitter between the bumper and the splitter you will see little notches where the two parts are attached. Take a plastic panel remover and put it in the notch and pry while you pull from the bottom. Work your way from the outside to the inside and you shouldn’t have any problems. Note don’t use a metal screw driver it may damage the splitter metal on plastic. I had to learn how to do this when I changed my headers out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread