Gear lock out help

Veganation

hey guys. Much help needed. I’m at a complete loss right now and just trying to get and idea of what my next steps should be. I twisted an axle tube a few months ago and how I found out something was wrong was when I left the track that night I jumped on it and I was getting locked out of 3rd gear. I didn’t think anything of it just because it wasn’t a noticeable problem at first. Just a loud thump at launch that’s it. Car still felt fine. Go to find out after I get home I noticed my driver side rear caliper was about 1/2 inch lower then the pass side. I finally got everything back together. Built rear end out of a 12 gt with moser axles and studs, Detroit locker, and welded the tubes. Got all the adjustable bmr upper and lower control arms and relocation brackets and Viking warrior adjustable shocks. Now that I have everything together and I start doing some test hits now I’m getting pushed out of 4th gear. 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear feel perfectly fine and as soon as I go to put it in 4th it feels like it goes in but spits it right out and I’ll hit the rev limiter. I swapped to a 13/14 gt500 master cylinder and the separate reservoir for my hydraulic fluid and it seemed to help at first but it’s still just spitting me out of gear. Also Incase this has anything to do with it I have a spec st twin disc clutch and it came with a shim for the slave cylinder I used. But I don’t see how as the car shifted fine before the night at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread