Gen3 VMP TVS

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
I now foresee more people hanging onto their 2.3s over the 2.65. You would’ve thought VMP would’ve addressed these issues before releasing the blower. Kinda sucks because now it seems more beneficial to just keep the 2.3 instead of going through the hassle to install the 2.65. I’m hoping someone on here makes like 800 on their 2.65 so it might change my mind lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
I now foresee more people hanging onto their 2.3s over the 2.65. You would’ve thought VMP would’ve addressed these issues before releasing the blower. Kinda sucks because now it seems more beneficial to just keep the 2.3 instead of going through the hassle to install the 2.65. I’m hoping someone on here makes like 800 on their 2.65 so it might change my mind lol.

While a lot of us early 2.65 guys aren't happy that our direct bolt on blowers require some minor tweaking, the mods are minimal.

The only reason I care is that I don't modify the parts on my car so that means I have to buy my buddys coolant crossover to mod so my original can stay on the shelf. Its an extra $100 I don't want to spend. The average Cobra owner won't care and honestly it shouldn't take more than 15-30 mins to address the coolant crossover and IAT2 plug.

By the way thats the longest sig I've ever seen.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya that's laughable...they want you to smash your crossover with a hammer....and test fit on and off untill proper clearance is achieved. Sounds like fun.

Why not just make more money by selling a cross over replacement that works... sigh

Still got my $1,200 ready for whomever wants to trade in their 2.3

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
While a lot of us early 2.65 guys aren't happy that our direct bolt on blowers require some minor tweaking, the mods are minimal.

The only reason I care is that I don't modify the parts on my car so that means I have to buy my buddys coolant crossover to mod so my original can stay on the shelf. Its an extra $100 I don't want to spend. The average Cobra owner won't care and honestly it shouldn't take more than 15-30 mins to address the coolant crossover and IAT2 plug.

By the way thats the longest sig I've ever seen.

I agree the mods are minimal and I’m really hoping the 2.65 really shines once some guys get it bolted on and start playing around. My only concern on my car will be the amount of boost since I’m still factory long block and haven’t put in any head studs. If the 2.65 hits close to that 800 mark, I’ll probably sell my 2.3 and go 2.65 as well. I’ll probably do the coolant crossover delete as that will be the time to do the j2fab mod as well.
Yeah I really need to shorten my sig up and get to the point lol

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no problem hammer my long tube header . But not my cooling cross over , I don’t have to deal with peoples asking me wth happen here every time I’m pop the hood lol

So buy a coolant crossover delete. If you went out and bought a Procharger or Vortech you cannot use the stock crossover.

People are notching their frames for turbo setups.

Or maybe notch the TVS case if it can be done.

Personally I will not buy the 2.65, I have a 2.3 I am going to install as that is all I need for that build. But the 2.3 has already proven itself against bigger blowers. So the 2.65, I believe, is making some of y’all nervous.

At least you guys have a come back when you get gapped by a smaller blower.

“But I didn’t have to modify my crossover!”

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I have no problem hammer my long tube header . But not my cooling cross over , I don’t have to deal with peoples asking me wth happen here every time I’m pop the hood lol
If you do it right, no one will be able to tell. If you dont like that option, delete the cross over. I'm on the verge of making 1100rwhp with my Gen 3 (5.8). It's a bad bitch

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Really like to see what these blowers are getting on actual cars......

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bull_dog190

Established Member
VMP posted a video on their YouTube channel on July 24th, and they claim 858rwhp with the 2.65.
Impressive!

About 11:20

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
Gen3 vs Gen2 TVS with almost 100hp gain! 853 sae was the final number. Molnar rods, Diamond pistons (10.3:1), Teksid, Comp 3 blower cams, unported heads, 1-5/8 headers, 4 lb lower, 3.0 upper 22psi. The 2.3 saw 18 psi with the same pulley combo.

37657514_2578648215494815_6809240794596114432_o_zpseog8qgmy.jpg

Details from
Mod Mafia Performance LLC

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
I feel biggest limiting factor of the stock engine would be the head bolts. That’s about the only reason why I wouldn’t spin it to the moon if I swapped out to the 2.65, I already see 21psi on a 2.3 with a 3.0/4lb through 1-7/8” x 3” headers.

Last edited:

bull_dog190

Established Member
Gen3 vs Gen2 TVS with almost 100hp gain! 853 sae was the final number. Molnar rods, Diamond pistons (10.3:1), Teksid, Comp 3 blower cams, unported heads, 1-5/8 headers, 4 lb lower, 3.0 upper 22psi. The 2.3 saw 18 psi with the same pulley combo.

View attachment 1511553

Details from
Mod Mafia Performance LLC

I wonder what these numbers would be if the car had a more stock compression?

TP03

Established Member
Bumping this up for more info/examples of 2.65 terminators, preferably stock internals. I’m saving for my blower and fuel system swap. I would like to go with a VMP (e85) but I need more convincing on the 2.65 before pulling the trigger. If you have a 2.65, are you satisfied or disappointed? Let’s hear it! Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread