Get ready for 1.19.17! Shelby!

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Literally a GT with bolt ons and Shelby name stuck over everything like 10 times. Pathetic path they have gone. They could have been a little more creative since it was the 50th anniversary addition. Like a custom front and rear bump or a widebody, or interior. Literally just magazine shopped from American Muscle and built a Supercharged 650hp Mustang GT for $32,000!!!

You could do so much more with $32k than what they did. They didn't even say how much extra the 750hp version would cost. Probably on stock OPGs too.

I agree, 50 years ago the Shelby name stood for winning and racing world wide.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
After seeing what it looks like on another thread it does look disappointing although pretty impressive #'s on the 5.0 engine, I still wouldn't pay the asking price as you could do the same with mods on a GT with no Shelby nameplate.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
After seeing what it looks like on another thread it does look disappointing although pretty impressive #'s on the 5.0 engine, I still wouldn't pay the asking price as you could do the same with mods on a GT with no Shelby nameplate.

That's pretty much always been the case. Look at the GT500 Super Snake. Plenty of us have modded our GT500s to where they can beat a Super Snake in every performance metric. We still have the Shelby name, but none of the gaudy dress up parts, and didn't spend near as much to get there.

awsmsvt

Does anyone know if Shelby's department is still lead by car enthusiast or just business people? It would be a shame if this was all they are working on now...it seems like they just slap on the shelby name on any mustang they can get

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know if Shelby's department is still lead by car enthusiast or just business people? It would be a shame if this was all they are working on now...it seems like they just slap on the shelby name on any mustang they can get

1987-Dodge-Shelby-Lancer-03-04.jpg

280px-Shelbygt_006.jpg

cs007blk-W.jpg

awsmsvt

Has anyone been to the Shelby museum lately? I've been debating on going but if all I see are the new super snakes I may pass

Users who are viewing this thread