Got the boss back!

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
After being tuned and in the shop for 3 weeks finally got my "new" car back yesterday. First full day day driving it since I bought her. Been tuned, rear springs, lower control arms, new driveshaft(something broke inside it on dyno I reckon). Anyways couldn't be happier. I still have to get smaller 15" tires and a bigger wheel. It broke loose at 60mph in 3rd gear around 4K. I've decided to go with a bigger blower pulley and pull some power out of it due to not having the funds to swap over to e85 and not wanting to blow my motor. Although the knock sensor is working and motor was still trying to put timing to it on pump gas that was in the mountains. Back down in sc pulling from a dig it cut back shifting from 1st to 2nd then again 2nd to 3rd before I got out of it. I think I've figured out quickly now with my tuner in the mountains that data logging will be my new friend. Anyways it's just a blessing to finally have my car back nothing like 700hp Dailey driver I love it.
d5fa6ac5ae424c96be7856b0e94b9248.jpg
b1a9e1beca2ce5faac89d90a729b9701.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats again!! Glad you've finally got the initial drive that you should have gotten the first time. Hope you have a great running car for years to come!! I think the pulley swap vs the fuel system is a smart play for now till the funds are there for the fuel system you want. Better safe than sorry. Congrats again!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Congrats again!! Glad you've finally got the initial drive that you should have gotten the first time. Hope you have a great running car for years to come!! I think the pulley swap vs the fuel system is a smart play for now till the funds are there for the fuel system you want. Better safe than sorry. Congrats again!!

Thanks man. Yeah I had some fun last night but you can tell really putting throttle in it that it just has to much for pump gas. It can't get enough timing in it. Im gonna have to get me a programmer and a good computer to data log but thanks man that cars like a dream. I thought I'd never get out of a terminator but these newer cars are awesome. It drives like a BMW or something great to drive daily. Then when your ready you got all the hp in the world to make 9-10 sec 1/4 mile car easy with a good tire on it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I had to do the same as far as getting a good computer to do data logging my cobra jet setup with, and my tuner has a flex fuel tune for e85 so I'm in the middle of getting data logs for that. I love my boss so much, I'm considering buying a white 13 to match my white 12. They are great cars

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Thank y'all I appreciate it. Just ordered some 15 sve wheels, 28x11.5x15 white lettered Hoosiers(love the white letters lol) and a sct handheld. And I'm hoping going from a 3.0 to 3.365 pulley size would eliminate the need for torco. That stuff would get a little pricey overtime, but we'll see. Pulling 3-4lbs of it may be enough to run pump gas safely.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread