• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Headers for a V6 w/ Automatic transmission?

Discussion in 'S-197 Mustangs' started by 211Ginger, May 13, 2017.

1. 211Ginger

211Ginger New Member

I have a 2011 Mustang V6, with Automatic transmission with Flow Master Force II
    409S exhaust mufflers, and I am considering to install a set of Headers for a little extra growl ;) and performance.

I've seen some posts in which headers wont do much for a V6, so I better ask the SVT team.. Can SVT recommend headers for a V6 with an automatic transmission?

If a set of headers are Ok which type (shorties or long tube; X or H pipes) would most benefit a street legal setup, and not produce an annoying drone when in high gear?

Thank you very much
    Dj

2. Dan Rooney

Dan Rooney New Member

I have BBK shorty headers; flowmaster Force 2 axlebacks; and a Borla cut and clamp x pipe and it sounds great and runs well. Still need to take it to the track. I bought the headers used and they were warped so I took them to a machine shop and they ground them flat. Install was no fun because it was my first time with headers. I would pay to have them installed unless you are determined to do it yourself. I paid a shop 200 to install the cut andclamp and retork the header bolts.