Hellcat Whine

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
jefe have you ever gotten any track times for your hc?

i think out of the 4 or 5 hellcat owners who post on this board, not one of them has ever gotten an actual quarter mile timeslip, other than what their dash tells them lol

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member

i think out of the 4 or 5 hellcat owners who post on this board, not one of them has ever gotten an actual quarter mile timeslip, other than what their dash tells them lol

I plan to get some baseline runs once the weather cools off significantly. 10s on NT05 drag radials would be nice before the mods start. I might have to wait until winter for that to happen. Phoenix is way to hot to even think about a track day for quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jefe

Established Member

Haven't been down the 1/4 mile yet since Im on street tires and the DA is pretty bad here most of the year. I did take it to a half mile event and ran 156.9mph: https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/ugr-lambo-and-hellcat-half-mile-runs.1129793/

Also took it to an awesome road course track: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...-pics-vids-racinghikinghelicoptering.1136447/

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That sounds awesome but I can imagine it getting old. Hearing it from the outside is one thing but to constantly hear it in the cabin on long drives, etc, eh.. Too bad someone doesn't make something like an active exhaust but for blower whine where you can open/close it for sound. :D

Jefe

Established Member
I don't think Ill ever grow tired of it. You don't hear it at all with light throttle or while cruising plus I always have the radio on and that drowns it out.

I took the car up the mountain Sunday and had the windows down for the first time since the install. Its amazing how much sound gets cut with the acoustic glass. Now I know what people hear next to me and Im sure I freak a few people out

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think Ill ever grow tired of it.
Same here. Mine wouldn't be a daily driver anyways, so I would enjoy it every single time I took it out.
Even if it were my DD, I'd still enjoy it.

Sirhc7897

Established Member

I've only managed a few trips to the strip in mine (6 passes total). It's definitely all in the 60' with these cars...

My first trip I couldn't get out of the 12's...Horrible 60' and asleep at the tree...

Second trip went much better, consistently in the high 11's (11.7, 11.8) with a best run of 11.2@127...

I'm on stock tires with the legmaker CAI...With the stock tires my 60's are all over the place. My best run came with me leaving in 2nd, sticking it back over to auto as I got to redline and then letting it do it's thing the rest of the way. Even starting in second you have to roll into it or just blow them off...

My problem is I just don't have enough time to get to the track often enough to get a good feel for the car and get consistent with it...

Every pass I've made the dash was within 1mph and 0.1 second FYI...It's very consistent...

Users who are viewing this thread