How can I disable readiness monitors?

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Hi,

I'm trying to get my 03 cobra (AMZ2) to pass TX inspection. I'm allowed only 1 monitor in a "Not Ready" state. I currently have 2 - EGR and Catalyst.

EGR equipment has been removed from my car and EGR codes have been suppressed, but I do not currently have EGR disabled via system switch scalar. I tried setting it to 2 previously but it still stayed in a "Not Ready" state so right now it is on in the tune.

I do not have cats but I have rear O2 spacers setup so my rear O2s are also on in the tune. If I could get the Catalyst monitor to ready, then that would be sufficient, however, it seems like the Catalyst monitor will not ever ready until the EGR is ready first.

My inspector says he will pass me with 1 monitor in a Not Ready state regardless if the others are Ready or Not Supported (N/A). So I either need to get one of the two to Ready or Not Supported.

Can you guys please advise me on how to do this using Advantage? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Drive it more.

Unless the cat monitors rely on the egg monitors to pass, you just need to put some moles on it do the ecu has enough time to run the cat readiness monitors. Usually you will need to do a specific driving routine to get the ecu to run the cat monitors, like going from 0mph to 55moh within 15 seconds then 10min of consistent 55mph speed followed by going back to 0mph within 15 seconds. Had to do this to my Tiburon after 1500mi the cat readiness monitors still didn't run and found a cheat sheet of monitors and driving conditions required online.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I've performed the driving cycle requirements for the EGR and Catalyst numerous times:
http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

The problem is that the catalyst monitor does rely on the EGR monitor and the EGR monitor will never ready if the equipment is not there. Thanks for the reply though.

I got someone with dealer access in Advantage to change the OBDII settings required to disable the EGR monitor. Will test in the coming days.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Thanks. I'll definitely share details with everyone if it works. I don't know why this seems to be such a big secret.

cj428mach

Established Member
Can you just turn on EGR (I realize its deleted and try driving it). Maybe the cat readiness monitor will activate then you can turn off the EGR afterward.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I actually have the EGR switch type set to default right now so it's on. I tried it set to 2 before this round. So given those attempts and the research I've done, it is pretty clear to me that it is never going to ready without the actual equipment hooked up.

Even if that did work though, that would mean I'd have to repeat that process every time my battery got disconnected to get the monitors to a passable state. I would really prefer to be able to manage this from a single tune.

Fopar

Established Member
Bumping this I'm curious, I have the same issue except I have an EGR and it's enabled, 300+ miles of driving and still EGR/CAT incomplete. My buddy has a basic tune from AED and I noticed with the code reader all his monitors say N/A which I assume means they're disabled. There's some way to do it but I don't see anything in Advantage that lets you....

decipha

Established Member
advantage doesnt give you binary access so you cant do it with SCT

it wouldnt be difficult to just have them all forced passed would just take a little code manipulation in the tune any advanced tuner can do that for you

Users who are viewing this thread