How To Install An SLP Line Lock

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
i dont know why you wouldnt pull off the master cylinder it was tight enough as it was with it out of the way. i bought the line lock solenoid and a set of lines and fittings from jegs and it cost a third of what everyone else wanted for some pre bent lines. all you really need is a big socket and line bender. I have to thank you for your awesome write up i followed it for the majority of the install. i wired a master switch in my center console then wired a relay to my cruise control off button. it works great and is all hidden,

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
If you pull the master cylinder off, you have to bleed the rear brakes as well. If you just pull the required line off the master cylinder, you just bleed the fronts. And you don't have to worry about getting air pockets in the master cylinder itself.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I believe it took me an additional 5 min to bleed the master cylinder and the rear brakes

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Also, this would be a good time to also just flush out all the old fluid, I flushed the whole system and the brakes felt MUCH better, I like to go the extra mile with my car

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
So...when you install the slp lines should the line going from the solenoid to the master cylinder (the one supplied in the kit) be loose? I tightened the fittings all the way down am and still getting a leak from the fittings both going into and coming out of the solenoid.

The line from the kit can be moved freely both swivel and some in/out movement. I'm just about frustrated with this thing.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
So...when you install the slp lines should the line going from the solenoid to the master cylinder (the one supplied in the kit) be loose? I tightened the fittings all the way down am and still getting a leak from the fittings both going into and coming out of the solenoid.

The line from the kit can be moved freely both swivel and some in/out movement. I'm just about frustrated with this thing.

no man it should not move at all

Bite Me

Established Member
I just did this, took about an hour to install the solenoid and I didnt remove the master cylinder. My arms hurt from squeezing them down in there, but saved me some time. Now I just have to run the power and switch and bleed the brakes.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Im in the middle of the install. But having some trouble. I can't get the brake lines off of the master cylinder. Like i can't get the nuts loose to even take them out. Im using a 13mm wrench and it just doesn't seem to budge. Its a regular wrench with a closed end and an open end. Do i HAVE to get/use a crows foot or something?

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Im in the middle of the install. But having some trouble. I can't get the brake lines off of the master cylinder. Like i can't get the nuts loose to even take them out. Im using a 13mm wrench and it just doesn't seem to budge. Its a regular wrench with a closed end and an open end. Do i HAVE to get/use a crows foot or something?

i used a regular wrench , the best thing to use is the open end kind that wraps around the fitting more, its designed for brake fittings

jdogg43

Established Member
will this install the same as a jegs line lock? i noticed it says remove the rear brake line and jegs instructions is saying put it on the front.

DHG4410

Established Member
I know this an old thread but I am having an problem with my wiring maybe someone could help out.

Maybe just me being new to the line Lock system but something doesn't seem correct. I have it all wired up, power (fuse) to the solenoid and the switch to ground and to the other side of the solenoid.

With the switch off and I turn my key I can here the Line Lock solenoid engage but the switch is off.

Am I missing something?
Hope someone can help.

furious465

Established Member
I know this is an old thread but I recently hooked up the SLP line lock kit on my 03 cobra, where is everybody mounting the switch?

bubblehead93

Established Member
my car is more weekend race warrior...

Fourth.jpg

Also I have another aircraft style switch in front of the shifter for my Killer Chiller drag setup (for the solenoid valve)... same position, but opposite side from the 12V power point, that one has a carbon fiber vice red cover, blends in...

r/
Andy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread