installing roush front splitter?

JW03

Established Member
I got my roush front splitter in today, was looking over the instructions and it says to cut the factory splitter. is this a necessary step? I've read mixed reviews on this. any help is appreciated. thanks

vortecd

Established Member
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. There are video's on youtube I watched before doing it. Can't believe it was not a bolt on since they had to mold it to begin with

JW03

Established Member
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. There are video's on youtube I watched before doing it. Can't believe it was not a bolt on since they had to mold it to begin with

same here. pretty frustrating because I was hoping to install it tomorrow but I have no way to cut it.

Merlin Powered

Established Member
Yes, it needs to be cut. No biggie...just use a hacksaw blade. The plastic is soft and cuts real easy. Clean the burrs up with a file. It's not hard to make a good clean cut but if you don't, no sweat, it doesn't show anyway.

John

Nuar

Established Member
That is the ONLY reason why I never got one.
Why the hell should you hack up your oem splitter?!
Couldnt they make it so it fits on instead of your OEM piece?
What if you want to return your car back to stock later on, I mean bone stock... shit out of luck then...
I'd rather spend my money on some other splitter at this point. The roush one isnt exactly cheap either...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What is the difference between the Roush front and the Boss 302 front splitter?

I know the Boss 302's stick out juuust a little bit more, but they both look good dont they? Anyone have pics?

JW03

Established Member
got the front splitter installed today along with the sides. I used a dremel as someone suggested and it worked very well. I will post pictures tomorrow. definitely like the way everything looks though

Users who are viewing this thread