Is the show cops real or scripted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
IT FAKE.....

Damn it.... They're all paid actors. You guys don't know what you are talking about.... They have takes and re-takes, and will stop the action to put on another roll of film and everything.... I mean really....

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
It's all scripted. The cops like to do a few takes of the chase scenes so that they can get it right. Sometimes, the camera man misses the "good" shot and they have to redo it.

Like when the guy threw Junior through the door and the camera man missed it. They did a re-take and it turned out well.

:lol: :lol:

LSWannabe

Established Member
sharkbite1979 said:
I can't stand that show sometimes. I love watching the chases and incidents, but the excessive narration, fake sounds, and flat out lies piss me off. No matter what the car, if it looks sporty, it's a high powered performance vehicle. No matter what type of truck, it's a car-crushing behemoth with massive amounts of torque. It's an '85 Nissan, Bob.

You mean Sheriff John Bunnell (Retired). :p That show pisses me off quite a bit. The edited sound effects are one thing. Every car at some point during the chase gives off a roaring V8 sound. And when the person fleeing passes another car 3 feet on his right he "came within inches of sideswiping them". I do watch the show for the footage though.

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
LSWannabe said:
You mean Sheriff John Bunnell (Retired). :p That show pisses me off quite a bit. The edited sound effects are one thing. Every car at some point during the chase gives off a roaring V8 sound. And when the person fleeing passes another car 3 feet on his right he "came within inches of sideswiping them". I do watch the show for the footage though.

funny you guys say this, but I watch that show in mute - for real!
mostly because it's what you mentioned, fake sounds, over narrated, and the police siren begins to burn into my brain by the end

Erica Wagner

What I don't get is when the criminal is arrested they show his/her face? For one they need permission from them to release the footage and then secondly why would all these ppl agree to have their face blasted on TV? You'd think they would be embarrassed. I have seen store names blocked off and other businesses. Why? Because they didn't give the producers permission to allow it! Other thn that it seems real to me because they probably film a lot of cops and pick out the ones that are most successful

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
By far the oldest bump I have ever seen. GOOD JOB NOOB!

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Good god, when I search for a thread from yesterday I can't find it, but somehow these people manage to dig up threads from 11 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread