JMS CoolMax (Intercooler Pump Voltage Booster)

A.M.R

Established Member
Has anyone tried this yet? And does it actually work?

I couldn't really find much information on this. Doesn't seem like a lot of people have tried it, but they claim it drops temps by up to 30*

Any info would be helpful...

A.M.R

Established Member
What have you done to the car?

-Revan Racing Heat Exchanger
-Lund Tune
-Wavetrac/3.73/Strange 33 Spline Axles
-Barton Short Throw
- K-Member/Radiator Delete Kit/LCA/UCA/Panhard Bar (Adj)
-McLeod RXT

Haven't touched the engine really... But I'm looking for ways to drop IATs as much as possible to keep my times consistent at the track. It's ridiculously noticeable how much air temps affect these cars.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Yeah you are more gear towards road racing...I hear ya. I have E85, the voltage fuel boosters is must.

Manuel

supraman1990

Established Member
If the expert cared to chime in with their opinion I would appreciate it. I too have been considering getting one but cant find any reviews or anything on it. I had considered getting one to test myself but thats a large investment just to test

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I can see 2 possible potential problems with this unit.
1. Shortened pump life. Higher voltage equals higher motor rpm which creates additional heat.
2. Pump cavitation.

I just looked up the specs on the CoolMax and it boosts the voltage to 16vdc, since the pump already sees 14+ vdc an additional 1.5-2 vdc won't have much impact on the problems I listed above. But is it worth $450 for the what you get?

Last edited:

A.M.R

Established Member
I can see 2 possible potential problems with this unit.
1. Shortened pump life. Higher voltage equals higher motor rpm which creates additional heat.
2. Pump cavitation.

I just looked up the specs on the CoolMax and it boosts the voltage to 16vdc, since the pump already sees 14+ vdc an additional 1.5-2 vdc won't have much impact on the problems I listed above. But is it worth for the what you get?

Interesting... Would be nice to get some input from someone that's tried it.... Maybe someone from Lethal could chime in, since they do sell it on their website, maybe they've tested it on one of their cars.

If NOTHING can go wrong installing this, and it can be easily installed and removed, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Turbosixx

Established Member
So it'll circulate the fluid faster through the stock heat exchanger but may shorten the life of the pump? That little bit more circulation won't offset the possible cost of a new pump.

shetheri

Established Member
I am by no means a thermodynamics expert, but I would think that running the pump faster moving the same amount of fluid through a fixed volume system would be counter intuitive. Slower moving fluid would allow more cooling time in both the intercooler and heat exchanger. Now if you increased capacity of all three, I could see some benefit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It's all relative and needs to be looked at as a combo, like any other system on the car.
The best single option is a rear ice tank.
I'm 90% done with my system, but I will have fans on the stock heat exchanger, rear ice tank and second stock pump in the rear.
Will it be perfect, no, but the system's limiting factor will always be the small fittings at the intercooler in the lower intake, so I choose what I feel is best for my use.
A higher flowing pump while under boost in the same concept of the fuel pump booster is a good ide in my opinion, so I wouldn't call the idea junk.
Still, just this alone to me isn't the best choice, but I can see it augmenting an upgraded total system.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread