Just won this auction on Ebay, 94 lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruin27

Established Member
So I ended up winning the auction for an even $5000. It will cost me around $1000 bucks to ship so a total of $6000. What do you guys think? Here is the description from ebay and some pics.

1994 svt lightning
Up for sale is a 1994 ford svt lightning. The car has 200k miles on the chassis but almost everything on the truck has been replaced or modified recently. The car has a brand new bottom end ( the car is still sitting at the shop, we have no room in the driveway now that it is done). Entire motor gone through and rebuilt by Eddies Valve Grinding in Sayerville, NJ with less then 20 miles since complete. The outside of the car is flat black, its the ultimate sleeper. It was up for auction previously due to a private buyer who ended up not being able to come up with the funds so serious bidders only. I am going to describe the modifications as best I can and I'm sure I'll forget some:
New forged pistons and rods (entire motor has been gone through and rebuilt)
Trick flow cylinder heads
HIgh lift cam
Powerdyne Supercharger
Gigantic radiator and fans from summer racing
Full MSD ignition
Full Basani Exhaust (headers, off road pipe, catback) with the lopey cam it sounds like a monter
kenne bell boost a pump
MSD Ignition and Boost Retarding Controller(prevents detonation in motor)
42lb/ hr injectors
boost/ oil pressure gauges in a pillar pod
aftermarket head unit
Brand new MAF from Pro m
Brand new conical filter
ECU out of 1992 Mustang to convert to MAF
Brakes done right before it went into the shop
Cervini high rise hood
Just got new ball joints in front this week.

There are other modifications that the previous owner made such as high stall torque converter, 31 spline axles, and im sure im forgetting others

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I would ask this question on NLOC.NET, many knowledgable people regarding gen 1's. My concerns would be with tuning. I didn't think you could use a mustang computer to run the E40D? Maybe I'm wrong? And the other concern would be with who tuned the truck. It's far from a stocker, with cam/heads/supercharger.

JLS

Established Member
I would ask this question on NLOC.NET, many knowledgable people regarding gen 1's. My concerns would be with tuning. I didn't think you could use a mustang computer to run the E40D? Maybe I'm wrong? And the other concern would be with who tuned the truck. It's far from a stocker, with cam/heads/supercharger.

If you use a stand alone trans controller you can use the mustang computers stick or auto
The 9al won't control the e4od, FMS made a kit years ago that that was mass air and controls the e4od it's a akc0
Some Broncos had mass air and e4ods but you would have to swap the entire engine control harness and I think they where obd2

99WhiteBeast

Established Member
I think you did alright. I personally don't like buying modded vehicles unless I personally know who did the work or know the owner- there are just too many variables and unknowns. Good luck

MesaBalancing

The truck looks good congrats I always think when you buy something you should dyno it and see where you are because its your investment make sure its right before anything gets damaged and regardless you need to know anyways. I use an ECU for our marine EFI engines manufactured by GOTECH and I believe it does control the trans also you have AEM which i believe they have a plug and play unit that can control it as well. I have a close friend named Jerry Warren at Boost Lab in Davie ,Fl that can answer any questions regarding the GOTECH if you need to ask someone more knowledgeable . Email me if you need his number SIncerely Laz Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread